What do you think about this one?

Perja said:
Sorry, the first impression was "Ewww, what's this, Frankenzipper?"
The handles bother me a lot, they don't give it a very finished look.

With Chloe, bags sometimes grow on you (Kerala grew on me so fast it was practically humping my leg), so this may be one of those, but not for me.

ROFL Perja!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perja said:
Sorry, the first impression was "Ewww, what's this, Frankenzipper?"
The handles bother me a lot, they don't give it a very finished look.

With Chloe, bags sometimes grow on you (Kerala grew on me so fast it was practically humping my leg), so this may be one of those, but not for me.

ROFLMAO :lol: !

Just when I think you are a voice of reason Perja, you come up with this....:lol:
*slaps head to banish mental image of purse...leg...hahaha*

I had it held for me at NAP last week,but when it came in and I saw the pic, I just thought it looked too boxy, and, like you guys, that the handles looked weird. I cancelled my pre order in time to keep my three new baby's. I so love the creamy colour on my new big pocket! And I decided not to wait and try to find a red paddy but went for the garnet(?) shoulder bag. I was supposed to keep one, maybe two, but I fell head over heels with each one and kept all three! I'm total paddy/Chloe freak now, and am now living up to the obssessive part of my name...:shame:
I think I really like slouchy, smooshy bags or smart crisp bags, and this one just seems to be too in between and not enough of either for me...

That is the Gladys Bowler. It looks much better with the zipper undone...see pic from the runway.

I considered this,but if you want a classic black bag the Muse is cheaper and a bag that is far more worth the price tag. It also looks sophisticated.

I would worry about the zipper of the Gladys hooking on cashmere or silk clothing...

This bag is just not edgy enough and just not smart enough,and nothing about it shouts "luxury" to me.

They were also selling it on luisaviaroma.com but I haven't checked in a while...

Attachments

• gladysrunway.jpg
    gladysrunway.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 38
ETenebris said:
It's a cute bag, but awfully plain and "luggage-y" for a pretty big price tag. I just don't know. The Edith is about as plain as I would want to go with a Chloe.

I agree with ET. The bag is a bit plain for me. Like ET, the Edith is the "plainest" I would go, although the rich colors and scrumptious leather of the Edith is definitely its identifying unique qualities!

thanks serenity sue! it has arrived and i actually like it a lot, though only with the zippers undone. i agree the handles look weird in the photos but somehow don't bother me in person. my only concern is that nap told me the handle drop was 8" but it's actually 6" which makes it a tighter fit on the shoulder so i just have to decide how much of an issue that is. it's pretty easy to carry that way now but i'm not sure it will be in the winter with a coat. otherwise i love how it's a bit of a more traditional shape and style (for me anyway) but because of the zipper has a bit of an edge...:supacool: