what do you think about this HERMES??

TheArtofAcquisition said:
I was interested myself in selling a croc Hermes Birkin on ebay so recently I emailed a couple of the sellers selling Birkins at that price level and asked them if they had ever had any success selling these croc bags. I asked for the auction item numbers, the ebay handles of people that had purchased these bags, and to view the feedback for these bags. None of the people I emailed could provide any of this information, they only said yes they had sold these bags before to happy customers. Shady. I checked ebay sales for Birkins for the past two weeks and there were no sales above $9,000 for any Birkins.

I agree with everyone else that ebay is not a good idea. I sell bags on ebay myself, and just yesterday someone stole the pictures of my Dior Gaucho for sale and my description and reposted the bag. You have no idea if the seller even has that Hermes Birkin bag. He could have stolen the pictures! And even though he has positive feedback, he could have waited a long time, accumulating postive feedback, to make this one shady sale and then run!

EXCELLENT point!!!

melisande said:
I was just looking through the list of items for sale for this seller (mightykismet). HOw on earth does one seller get so many different birkins?

Sellers like this develop contacts with those who are lucky enough to get on the lists multiple times. They pay these people a little fee, purchase these authentic bags and turn around and re-sell them at a big markup.
Still, you have to be SOOO careful on ebay. I know who to buy from there but, again, I'm unwilling to pay the premium and am waiting to be put on the list at my local H boutique.
Thanks for the welcome!
GT

Tifanny, that violet croc is stunning! :love: Great size & lovely color! hmm...I would pick a more classic color if I have the chance to get a croc Birkin though :biggrin:

IMO, mightykismet's Birkins are the real deal. I'm not advocating that you buy from eBay. In fact, I agree with the rest that you should get your bag from Hermes. Trust me, NOTHING beats the complete buying experience of getting your Birkin, especially a croc, straight from Hermes. It's the wait & thrill of getting it from the store that makes the bag really really special! :nuts: But you'd have to be a very good customer before you can order one though :huh:

From your other post, I gathered that your family could easily afford a very luxurious lifestyle. Why not visit an Hermes store & start your life-long obsession/love for Hermes from there...you may get your dream croc Birkin sooner than you think! :amuse:

I agree with many of you. For spending that much money, everyone deserves an enjoyable shopping experience and great service.
In my country, wealthy people choose to go to boutiques even though that means a higher price, but being treated as VIP in boutiques is inreplacable and have become more important than price.

I am sure it will worth the time waiting. The wait-n-get it thrill is part of the joy of getting a unique bag. Plus, you did not pay that much for the mark-up(wow~~I did not realize selling Hermes outside the boutique can have so high a mark-up!), so you have more money for your next purchase.

Best luck on getting the Birkin!