What do you say when someone asks how much your bag costs?

If they are family/friends I usually say someone gave it to me or why do you want to know?
If it's someone I don't know and don't feel comfortable with I say "it's a $20 fake, ain't it great?":roflmfao: This causes them to lose interest pretty quick.

Today, a family member asked me how much one of my purses were. Since it wasn't a LV (I always carry lv) she wondered if it was expensive. It was another brand that wasn't too mainstream which costs 2Gs. I told her that she didn't wanna know, 3 times cause she kept repeating herself. Finally, she ended up saying a months worth of her accountant's salary... All I could do was smile because I was embrassed and didn't want to seem that I was bragging, as I am humble person.

It really depends on who is doing the asking. I never tell my MIL how much anything costs, I don't think she would ever approve. I don't want that grief. Other people.... Well, it really does depend. I'm really not one to ever brag, so I always try to just make light of anyone who would ever ask me.

One time, I made the mistake of telling someone how much my bag cost. The next day people kept coming up to me saying things like "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH?" I've learned my lesson and I'm going back to my "it doesn't matter" answer. :Push:

One time, I made the mistake of telling someone how much my bag cost. The next day people kept coming up to me saying things like "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH?" I've learned my lesson and I'm going back to my "it doesn't matter" answer. :Push:

I can feel my face turning red/hot when people ask me that. It's so weird and I don't like being put on the spot. I usually say I don't remember...but then again, a lot of times people start their question with, "is that new?" If I answered yes, people gives me a weird look of "AND YOU DON'T REMEMBER HOW MUCH IT WAS?"