What do you say to a friend passing off a fake as a real birkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cftf

Jan 24, 2007
Sooooo.....I have a friend who really is a good person inside, but has many issues of "having to keep up with the Jonses" so to speak. Me being the primary Jones. Honestly, I like people for who they are, not what they have....I like my "luxury goodies", but would never think more or less of someone who has or has not:nogood:. This friend recently got a new "birkin" ( my sister and I call a fake a "burpkin", cause they give us indegestion!:lol:), of which she of course is passing off as real. Most of my friends can not tell....but it is most definitely a BURPKIN! She spins an entire tale of how, where, etc. she purchased this. (H store on vacation). My instinct is to NOT SAY A WORD, but you can imagine how uncomfortable listening to this can be, as she retells it often. What woud you do???:crybaby:

I'm not Hermes-savvy but generally I'd be tempted to leave it... you can never like a friend 100%... there will always be something about that person that bugs you and this just might be one of those things you'll have to deal with... ya know?

I would say nothing either . . . altho if she is that good a friend, she wouldn't be trying to fool ME in the first place because she would know that I cant be fooled by such a bad fake.

The only friend I have who has a fake birkin told me straight off that it was fake. She got it from an Italian site and it's quite a good fake.

It makes me feel sorry for people who try to pretend that they are something they are not or own something and pretend it's the real thing.

But I won't say anything.

I'm not Hermes-savvy but generally I'd be tempted to leave it... you can never like a friend 100%... there will always be something about that person that bugs you and this just might be one of those things you'll have to deal with... ya know?
So true...No one is perfect.
There's notning to say and yes, just hold this inside or don't make a big deal out of it. True friendship is worth it.

I admit, I am not as big a person as you ladies. I would be very tempted to needle her subtly about it. If she's as dense as my friend who is also a keeps-up-with-Joneses chronic liar, she probably won't even notice the discreet digs ("Gosh, I just ADORE the color of your bag... wish I could get my hands on it, but alas and alack..."). Cheers to you ladies for keeping your mouths zipped up completely... I haven't had anyone fake a Birkin on me so I wouldn't know how to react!

Status
Not open for further replies.