What do you like about Damier?

1. Please don't take offense to this question because I do think that the Damier bags look great on people, but what attracts you to Damier? Do you think it is pretty? Or do you simply like its functionality and that it is not as common as Mono?

The reason I ask is that when I first saw Damier I was ho-hum, thinking what is so pretty about a checkerboard pattern. However, since I have been seeing people carrying them, I am starting to like them and have it on my wish list.

Just curious what attracts people to Damier. Thanks.

2. It's a little more understated and professional than monogram. And hey, it's usually trimmed in either dyed leather or canvas, so you don't have to worry about patina or water marks on any vachetta ! :yes:

Personally though, it doesn't really do it for me. :shame:

3. It's classic and it was the first line for Louis Vuitton.

4. I like it b/c of the lack of patina, and because it is classic LV. I also don't really like the monogram, and I think damier is more professional-looking.

5. I never liked the Damier until the Speedy came out. If I'm getting a Damier, it'd be the Speedy or Saleya. The great thing about it is that it's low maintenance as there's no vachetta.

6. Was it really? Wow, I thought it was relatively new. :push:

7. it goes with absolutely everything yellow, brown, orange, green, you name it i wear my damier with it.

8. I like the look of the pattern after a few drinks. It makes me Dizzy:blink::drinks:

Seriously, I love Damier because its different from the monogram line when you want to fly under the radar. same as the Epi line.

9. it is very understated and sophisticated and could go with anything and is recongizable by people in the "know" such as the epi and suhali line.

10. Damier is more subtle...doesn't scream LOUIS VUITTON...and the brown pattern goes with just about everything! Brown is one of my favourite colours to match with...especially with pink! Best of all, Damier pieces don't have vachetta, so I don't have to worry about getting the leather dirty.

11. Yep. It's been around since the 1800's.

12. i like damier because its not as flashy as the monogram

13. I wear tons of black and I love how it looks with black clothing.:love:

14. It reminds me of Caramel and Chocolate, hehe ;)

15. It's understated, a strong, rich design, and looks killer with a twilly.