what do you girls think of 2-tone birkins?

I can't get myself to ask her to return it because at least now I have a birkin rather than paying for store credit that'll be under her name. The bag is really growing on me as I keep looking at the picture. I'll wait till I actually get the bag and decide. If I really don't like it, i hope i can sell it without suffering a loss. oh i can't wait!!

your friend is so sweet to get you a birkin & i can understand your dilemma here...

personally, its a GOLD pot she found but pity you dont love it... i reckon its a gorgeous combo (its perfect for HK weather) & this combo is so unique... hope it grows on you - i think you shld decide when you see it in real life...

you should be able to get store credit for your birkin in HK - i bought an accessory in paris & asked HK store if they allowed exchange/credit - the answer was YES.

the SA also added that there is no time frame as to exchange or get a credit SO LONG as the item is not used & in BRAND NEW CONDITION - do check with the store again as I checked on this matter in DEC'07. :biggrin:

BTW, i am sure MILAN store will be more than happy to buy the birkin from you if you shld decide you really hate it... or maybe you can exchange for another leather birkin (they have tons in their shop)... :biggrin:

Jenyi ~ you have a gorgeous classic toile birkin. I'm sorry you are not happy. Is it possible that you were expecting a full leather and are just not used to the toile combo? I wish it were a 35 and then I'd say send it my way.

I like the 2-tones in some color combo's. For me personally its a very specific bag and I like the ease of just one color handbag for my casual lifestyle and wardrobe.:heart:

Jenyi ~ you have a gorgeous classic toile birkin. I'm sorry you are not happy. Is it possible that you were expecting a full leather and are just not used to the toile combo? I wish it were a 35 and then I'd say send it my way.

Ya, i'm a total newbie to Hermes so i've never seen or even know that there are birkins other than all leather ones and exotic skins until now. I even just learned that the canvas is called "toile" from reading the posts in the forum. Also, as a newbie, having to spend so much on a bag, i thought at least "all leather" could justify the cost.

ya it's a 35. :smile: but i'm most likely going to keep it as i'm finally going to have a birkin instead of drooling at pictures on ebay and here! Only hope it won't be too big for me, i'm only 5'3.

I personally LOVE two-tone Birkins. I have 2. One's a 30cm Brighton Blue in Chevre with Vert Anis lining and my second (coming this Friday) is a 35cm Rouge H Togo with Raisin lining. Both with silver hardware.

If you don't love it, do try to get what you really want. Don't use it just to make yourself like it. I had the same problem with a birkin and at the end, returned it for a store credit. It was the wrong size and color for me. Now I have something I really adore...at these prices, you should really love what you get and not just settle because you finally got a birkin. Be patient, and dont' use the bag you don't like. Doubtful that the store in HK will take a return.