What do you do when you take yourself out?

trix, I just came back from my usual sunday loner adventure: brunch at this little place down the street. wandered in, and to my surprise there were 3 tables occupied, all 3 of them with people sitting alone with the newspaper, a book, etc, just like me! it's just a matter of finding places like these where you can feel totally comfortable alone.
That's cool. I hope you had fun :smile:. Yeah, I'm going to places like this. Thank you so much.

I think Borders rules!:tup: I love to go to Borders and have a cup of Joe and read good book. I love to go to Matinees and watch the "chick flicks" because my DH and DS's won't go with me and I love to go to the Outlets, not so much to shop, but to window shop and just to get out of the house if it's a beautiful day.:yes:

Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm going to pick myself up and stop thinking about the problem since I still don't have a clue what I want to do next.

Reading all your replies helped cheer me up. I love the stories some of you shared. I want to be happy again. Hopefully, things will sort itself out or I attain clarity after this.

I enjoy my time alone. I, too go to the movies by myself. Shopping, museums, art galleries.

I even travel alone. The first time was an accident I was suppose to go to Las Vegas with a girlfriend, and she had to canel at the last minute...since it was already paid for, I decided to go alone. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. I ended up having such a good time alone...going exactly where I wanted, when I wanted, staying up late or going to bed early, changing plans on a whim...it was a revelation! Now I go off alone at least once a year. Don't get me wrong, I love traveling with my family or friends, but there is a lot to be said for going it alone, too.

ooooh! that sounds fun, actually. I might have to try it!

oh - I forgot to mention - I like going to Nordstrom's cafe for lunch. It's a good cafe, and usually there are lot of people having lunch by themselves, so you don't feel like an oddball. And once, I was sitting at a table against the wall in between two other single ladies, and we started chatting and had the best time. So perhaps there is a nice department store where you can shop and have lunch. :yes:

Last night I went to this chill ass area in charlotte called the Noda district. Its alot of live music, outdoors sitting areas, where everyone's drinking beer and chillin. I got there at 9, and was meeting a friend at 11. So I had a couple hours to myself. I went to the Dog bar, a place where you can take your dog. There were all these dogs running around, outside and inside, dogs on the tables, benches :wtf::roflmfao: So I just sat down and drank my beer, people started talking to me. And when they werent I just soaked in the atmosphere, and enjoyed the music. It was a chill place! Its a real hippie-type area, mixed with cafes, used bookstores, littel shops, restaurants, and several places offering live music and exotic beers. I walked down to the Deli, which is a store/deli with a fenced in area outside they have a live band, and kegs. I was chilling, really having a good time, everyone was talking to everyone. People dogs were running around, barking at each other. :roflmfao: I had conversations with some really interesting characters, and met this cool chick who designs jewelry. She was waiting on someone, but he stood her up I guess, so we ending up walking to a couple more bars. Then we returned, and my friend showed up. We walked over to this other fun place, played pool and they had a interactive jukebox. We pretty much owned it for the rest of the night. :lol: But if he hadnt showed up, I wouldve left with the girl to this other bar she was telling me about (she had her dog, and this place is dog friendly too).

Great thread topic!

I love to go shopping, of course, wherever I don't get a chance to shop when I am with others. I love shopping both ways, though.

I also go to eat, not really to a restaurant, but usually just a little cafe.

Once in a blue moon I will get my nails done.

Have not yet been to the movies by myself, but then again, I am not a big movie-goer as it is.

Ok, it sounds like we all more or less have the same suggestions, but I still want to add my two cents: sometimes it feels great to just take a nice drive by yourself to the nicest mall around you and idly windowshop with some coffee. You can just daydream for a little while. I also love getting manicures/pedicures, sitting in a cafe, and going to the movies alone (the artsier, the better)! If you're timid of going to the movies alone, I recommend going to the first show on a Sunday morning if you're an early riser -- it's empty then, totally relaxing!

Did you think about signing up for a class? A place around the corner from us has pottery classes that sound like SO much fun! Then you would have weekly me-time! Or else craft stores have classes- I am taking cake decorating soon :smile:

I love going to the symphony and opera by myself. It is fabulous. I also will take myself to the spa for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and then go to a great lunch with the Wall Street Journal or a book. Walking and going to a park or a museum is also a favorite of mine. When I'm not in a mood to be out in public, I go to all my favorite specialty grocery stores, buy all the best ingredients and stay in a cook something fantastic and eat while I'm reading. Oh, and after that laying in the middle of the bed with my laptop and a DVD is wonderful! I love having the bed all to myself!

I have always enjoy going shopping or going out to eat by myself. Once a month, I like to get dressed up and go to SF for a day of shopping and lunch. I'm a sahm and my youngest just started high school. Twice a week, I will try and get out of the house to shop or have lunch at my fav restaurant, sometimes with dh:heart:.