What do you do when you don't love a new bag...

1. If you buy a bag and then realize that you don't love it, what do you do? Do you send it right back? Do you keep it for awhile and see if it grows on you? Carry it/ not carry it?

I ask, because I just got my first Goldenbleu bag (Ainsley hobo) and I'm just not feeling it... It was supposed to be gray with gold hardware but the one I got is dark brown with copper hardware. There's something about the shape or size of the bag that I just don't like. I can't really put my finger on it. The brown is actually a better color for me, but I was expecting gray so I was disappointed by that too...

It was final sale from Summerblu, so I got a great deal regardless of the mix-up. I think they would let me exchange it, but they don't really have anything left since they're going out of business. So should I carry it and see if it grows on me? Sell it? What would you do? :hrmm:

2. If I could not return it anymore to the shop I would probably keep it and wait whether my love for the bag would return... if not maybe I would sell it on eBay or to a friend or give it to my mum.
    Regina :smile:

3. If I realize that I don't like it, then maybe I can give it to my family or relatives. Or If they don't like also, I would sell it...

4. I would first try to return it to where you purchased it from because of the color mix-up. They would have to return it because of that alone. Otherwise, have you ever tried selling on eBay? It can be a hassle and the fees have gotten to be pretty high, but maybe you could at least get your money back.
    Good luck.

5. You know, the bags we ladies talk about cost too much to keep if we're not sure we're feeling the love. When I'm in doubt, I return. If I know I'll never be able to find that particular bag again I may think about it for a day or two first, but if I'm still in doubt, it goes back. Summerblu is a tough one, though since, as you point out, there's not much left (and, really, if it's not what you ordered, they should just give you your money back, right?)

Good luck!

6. Thanks for the replies :flowers:

I feel torn about it... It doesn't really bother me that the bag is brown--if it had been an option I would have ordered brown anyway-- I'm just not crazy about the bag itself. So basically I feel like it would be dishonest to pitch a fit and be like "This isn't what I ordered! I want my money back!" given that I knew it was final sale :hrmm:

7. I know, it's always hard to get rid of a bag, even if you don't use it! I would definately return it though if you can.

8. Any luck with returning it? Even if you do like the color and it's not the bag, they should take it back - at least for store credit. was it on sale or something? if they're a good company they'll hear what your saying. what's the policy say?

9. If you don't love it, you should definately return it. Because they sent you the wrong colour, regardless of why you ordered the grey one, they should take it back. You aren't being dishonest because they DID send you a different bag than the one you actually ordered.

10. When it's too late to return, I just put it up for sale on eBay.
    If you got it on clearance you might fetch a good price on eBay.
    Cheers

11. Ahhh.. buyers remorse! I have definitely had a few bag purchases that I later came to regret. My most recent, a Rebecca Minkoff, took me two weeks to realize that it quickly bored me to tears. I have put it at the bottom of my closet (the bag graveyard) and told myself I would return it when I have the time.... that was 6 weeks ago! I am soooo lazy when it comes to returning things... I usually never get around to it. I have 4 bags (including the Minkoff) that I have bought in the past couple of years and worn each of them only a few times. What a waste! Don't be like me! Listen to everyone else and return promptly when in doubt!! I wish I could practice what I preach!!!!

12. I would say if you don't love the bag then try to return it. Maybe they will take it back since they sent you the wrong item in the first place. If they don't have the original item that you ordered then they should refund your money since you didn't receive what you wanted. I have learned that if I don't love something right off I probably won't. I was in a similar situation as you a few months ago and I tried to love the bag but I just didn't and now I am stuck with it.

13. I would return it. I have had to send back a number of bags that looked better online than in person. I don't want to keep a bag that I know I won't carry. I might give it a week, at home, to look it over. If it doesn't do it for me...back it goes.

14. I don't think you need to pitch a fit. But you can say this isn't what you ordered. They don't have to know that there are other reasons you want to return it in addition to the color being wrong. It sounds like you're never going to be really happy with the bag and I personally wouldn't want to be bothered with Ebay. If you ask them to take it back and they refuse then it would be time to decide if you want to "pitch a fit"...but I'd at least try.

15. Return, return!

Waiting on returning can only make that return harder as time pass along... think most US stores is 30 days with receipt, on-line may be shorter.