What do you do to cheer yourself up?

1. Any suggestions will be good ...

When you're feeling depressed, what do you do to cheer yourself up?

I've just bombed my interview and have just spoken with the recruiter. They don't know the result yet but apparently they really were only looking for temps (which I cannot do). So, I'm looking for ways to cheer myself up without having to spend money (so no facial, manicure or pedicure, watching movies, going to coffee shop, buying junk food or anything like that)? Any suggestions or tips?

My folks are coming over for visit tonight, so I think I'm going to be extremely stressed out ... definitely need to get my mood up before that.
  2. This may not help you, and it is sorta sappy, but I volunteer 4 hours per week at a women's shelter where victims of domestic come to get therapy, medical treatment and direction. I say "there by the grace of God go I", and I feel grateful that I am blessed with a good life, good health (sorta) and the PF!!
  3. Sing showtunes loudly, and to hell with 'em if they don't like your voice.
  4. I sleep... ROFL sorry that's not much help but when I'm sad I don't feel like doing anything so I just sleep
    When I wake up I kind of forget about the problem and start fresh.... doesn't work all the time though!! hehe!

good luck with feeling better =) :heart:
  5. Koukanamiya, I'm sorry you're having a bit of a rough patch :s

I go to a nice park or nice walking area, and walk my Chihuahuas ^_^ Watching the two of them run around like crazy is hilarious! That, or, I go to the farmers market and spend some time wandering around, picking out fruits and veggies (my farmers market is really inexpensive, the best Honey Tangerines, 7 for $1!), come home, and take a few hours to cook a really fresh meal :yes: Or if I have a lot of time on my hands, I bake a really awesome cake, something really impressive (but I'm artsy fartsy, and I like to create flower patterns on a cake just to see what all I can do with homemade colored icing) and take pieces to my parents, Grandmother, etc. Oh and another inexpensive idea! :biggrin: I go to thrift stores around the area (Value Village, Goodwill, etc.) and dig up interesting little pieces of pottery, glassware, china, and sometimes books ^_^ Usually all I need is $10
  6. I take a long hot shower and then hop into bed with my dogs. a book, and a pitcher of ice water and read until I fall asleep. Then I nap.

The combination of lying down and relaxing with light reading, getting hydrated and then sleeping usually helps a lot.
  7. i surround myself with great friends and eat lots of junk food especially ice cream!
  8. I always connect with a good friend via telephone or email. It helps!
  9. I get online and buy something like a handbag or some make-up. That's suprising isn't it? How many other people do this too?
  10. Hey Koukanamiya, sorry you had a bad day....you know what I do? It's dorky, but I listen to really upbeat (and debatebly bad) music and sing loudly to it and try to forget about what was bothering me.

Or I'll go through my closet and model bags in front of the mirror...I know--that's equally nerdy, but I don't care, it works for me!!!

If none of these works for me, I do what always works--and that is play with my puppy, Dakota...she always cheers me up because she's so lovable and sweet...
  11. I know it might sound crazy, but when I get in my slumps I clean. I clean the apt from top to bottom, do all my laundry, and wash my car. Then after all that I take a shower, make some tea or dinner, and watch a good movie or tv show. I guess cleaning makes me feel I'm cleaning all my problems away.
  12. Like PlushKitty, I sleep my troubles away too. :yes: I like waking up feeling refreshed, so I feel ready to take on the world again.

I'm soz you aren't having such a good day. Sending you lotsa good and cheerful thoughts! :flowers:
  13. I'd stay home with my favorite movie DVDs, curl up under a blanket on the couch, and nurse a steaming hot cup of tea. And if I feel like it, I might invite a girlfriend over to join me for the movie marathon. :smile:
  14. Well.. I cuddle with my pups and look at the bunnies (yeah I posted this before.. lol) on www.cuteoverload.com . Completely erases the blues. :yes:

..and then I go look at purses.. :yes:
  15. I read a girly magazine or a book to get away from the real world. Or I watch an old DVD.

Sometimes I sit in front of the mirror and just start applying eye makeup. The blending, lining, and trying out different colors can be very relaxing. Plus I end up looking more polished which lifts my mood.