What do you consider as ridiculously priced?

^^True. I've looked at auctions where a 2006 bag is $200. or even $300. more than current retail - now this I don't get? Why would I overpay for a bag that is used (even one time - it's still used to me) when with a little work I can track one down in a store. I guess you're just paying for instant gratification...? The exception is rare colors or fantastic leather - then I can totally understand paying more!!!!!

Are the b-bags you're thinking of selling hard to find or unusual color? If so you're totally justified in pricing them they way you want. Hey either way if your bag doesn't sell at your BIN price you can alway re-list for a tad less.

I just wanted to add you may as well give it a go the first time around. I listed a bag a couple of weeks ago with a high BIN - just to see - and was shocked that someone actually purchased it! So you never know!

beauxgoris said:
^^True. I've looked at auctions where a 2006 bag is $200. or even $300. more than current retail - now this I don't get?

Me neither!
Right now, someone is sellling a Sapin hobo for $945 BIN + $25 shipping...retail on a hobo is $995. Why am I going to buy the bag on eBay when I can call NM and get a bag that can be returned with no questions asked??? I'd rather risk paying the $995 + 7% sales tax!!

Maybe some buyers have no access to NM or Barneys?

As for me, I paid retail for a Grenat City last month because the leather on it was TDF. I didn't like all Grenat bags in stores, so I jumped on the one I saw on Ebay. And I LOVE it to pieces. It's my favorite BBag by far, so far!

But you guys are right, under normal circumstances, I prefer to buy from department stores if the difference is just the sales tax +/- $100.

But to answer the original question, the price is not too high as long as you find a buyer. It's supply and demand.

I am guilty of this. I listed my bag a bit over retail just to see if I could recoup the fees to list it and take Paypal.

If it does not sell, I will relist and lower the price.

esiders said:
The only items I see as being "ridiculously priced" are current season's bags listed at or above retail prices. Why pay that much if you can call a retailer and buy it new? :yes:

Agreed. I actually took quite a hit on my never-used, tags-still-on-it pale rose city because it was still in stores. It sold for around $1250.00 shipped to Malaysia as URGENT (the buyer was SUCH a PITA!!!) - and then all the fees to paypal and ebay - ouch! :crybaby: :throwup:

LivinLuxuriously said:
A bag is worth what a person is willing to pay for it ;)

ITA! About the comments with the current season being priced close to retail... you ladies in the US are SUPER lucky! I'm in Canada, and out Bbag mark-up is quite high. Our retail price here converts to around $1350 US for a City, when the US retail price is only $1175 US. I think the Asian countries have the same problem.

Anyway, I think that's why buyers are willing to pay close to the US retail for a current season bag, since your retail actually saves us a couple of hundred dollars!

Sometimes you see bags that have pretty worn out corners (colour mostly gone) and very dark handles being listed for close to retail. I don't get that. I would much rather wait for new season bags than pay so much for something so beat up. For very beat up bags, I might consider it only if is 60-70% off retail. But some used bags are in mint-condition, and I would not mind paying retail if it is in a very pretty colour/style... but the key is *mint-condition*.

ridiculously priced for me is when people list a bbag that is 400 over retail. or people that buy a bag at a lower price, get it and immediately relist it at a marked increase. I hate those people.

Hello Percephonie and Hello Ladies as I am just back from holiday . One month without the forum!

To reply very specifically to your question, I think prices should not excede retail value at Balenciaga.

Why?
- We are talking second hand handbags, which means that however rare the style or color, I find it unacceptable to ask more than retail value

UNLESS
Somebody tries to sell pristine (I mean absolutely pristine, unused condition, collector's item, with all tags, orginal receipt, box and paper stuffing, extra tassels and mirror untouched) condition bag in a discontinued style or color, which gives the item a real collector value. on this point, I have seen MUCH abuse, i.e. hard to find styles and swatches (2004 leather, flat brass style) in gross condition being sold above their initial value. That makes me want to go Boooh.

Glad to be back online, Ladies. I have missed you.

And, oh, I have not left my 2004 marron ever since I successfully managed to clean the handles! :wlae: I'll post pictures tomorrow and full details on my success story and the new product line I found that's available in Europe.

tweetie said:
ITA! About the comments with the current season being priced close to retail... you ladies in the US are SUPER lucky! I'm in Canada, and out Bbag mark-up is quite high. Our retail price here converts to around $1350 US for a City, when the US retail price is only $1175 US. I think the Asian countries have the same problem.

Anyway, I think that's why buyers are willing to pay close to the US retail for a current season bag, since your retail actually saves us a couple of hundred dollars!

Retail on a city is $1195.00 - but with taxes and shipping from Barneys in CA mine came to $1310.00 - so your $1350.00 isn't THAT off, unfortunately :crybaby: