What Do You Carry On The Plane In Your Hermes Carry-on?

I try to use carry-on pieces whenever possible. For clothing, I pack simple pieces in neutral tones, but I bring my scarves to add some personality and colour to an outfit. I also like to leave plenty of room in my bags for potential shopping excursions! And the hoped-for orange boxes! So that helps me limit what I bring in the carry-on bags on the way over.

(Also, if I am visiting my family in Europe, I always have to pack things they want me to bring over from North America. So that leaves me some room for the above shopping items for myself on the way home too.)

I have two packing lists that I follow - for a weekend away, vs. an overseas / longer trip. (I could type them out here, but maybe that would be "too much.")

Here is an interesting website about packing with one carry-on bag. Granted, there is no way I'm going to be able to follow all of the advice listed. But it has really helped me simplify my packing as there are some great tips.

http://www.onebag.com/

Bon voyage everyone!

wow, pretty matchy matchy!

attachment.php

I hate you. You're torturing me.

Birkin 50 Toile H and Ebene Clemence w/ PHW. Jumping bag Toile H and Ebene Evercalf w/ PHW.

Thanks MiaT!!

Thank you Castorny! Now I have my ideal travel pieces picked out. I appreciate your providing the specs, and the beautiful photo. (I tried the Steve bag, but it was just too heavy for me.)

Cough cough, ahem...I just have to, um, get them!

The Travel Birkin in Toile is very light. I got a big scuff on it from the trunk of the car. Magic Eraser took it right off!! The all leather version is heavier than the Steve!

The Travel Birkin in Toile is very light. I got a big scuff on it from the trunk of the car. Magic Eraser took it right off!! The all leather version is heavier than the Steve!

Castorny - that's good to know that the Toile can handle the bumps and bruises of travel.

Duchess - The Steve bag is only 5 1/2 pounds? Gosh, now I wonder how heavy was the tissue paper that it was stuffed with in the store when I tried it!

I haven't used my Travel Lindy yet, but I'm planning on packing any cashmere shawls, carres and jewlry that I'm bringing plus my Evelyn bag for daytime wear and an evening clutch. Also, in-flight books, magazines, etc. There are side pockets for water bottles which make the bag very convenient. I'm lucky that DS is now old enough to keep track of his own carry-on and DH brings his own as well.

Here's my new travel Lindy:

Attachments

• 100_5233.jpg
    100_5233.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 82
Castorny - that's good to know that the Toile can handle the bumps and bruises of travel.

Duchess - The Steve bag is only 5 1/2 pounds? Gosh, now I wonder how heavy was the tissue paper that it was stuffed with in the store when I tried it!

Yes MiaT it is 5 1/2 pounds. It is Clemence leather lined in toile. It would be lighter if it were Vache Liegee. It is pretty much in line with other leather travel bags I have used. They have to be able to survive years of use!
It is a piece of luggage after all,not an everyday handbag.

Yes MiaT it is 5 1/2 pounds. It is Clemence leather lined in toile. It would be lighter if it were Vache Liegee. It is pretty much in line with other leather travel bags I have used. They have to be able to survive years of use!
It is a piece of luggage after all,not an everyday handbag.

I am such a stickler for details. Duchess, your bag is lined in chevron cotton, not Toile H. Not that it makes a difference in the weight issue.

I haven't used my Travel Lindy yet, but I'm planning on packing any cashmere shawls, carres and jewlry that I'm bringing plus my Evelyn bag for daytime wear and an evening clutch. Also, in-flight books, magazines, etc. There are side pockets for water bottles which make the bag very convenient. I'm lucky that DS is now old enough to keep track of his own carry-on and DH brings his own as well.

Here's my new travel Lindy:

LaurieAnn - I'm really looking forward to reading about your travel adventures with your new Lindy! (It seems I live vicariously!) That does seem the perfect carry-on bag for you!