What do I need to know before buying a used car?

breakfast lover

bag whisperer
Nov 13, 2006
I am contemplating on buying a used car just because it would make my life much easier. I would like to know things that I should be aware of or look for in a used car. Your comments are much appreciated. Thank you.

I am contemplating on buying a used car just because it would make my life much easier. I would like to know things that I should be aware of or look for in a used car. Your comments are much appreciated. Thank you.
You can put the VIN # in some used web sites and it will tell you the History or the Car. Wrecked etc.....I think edmonds is one

Check the VIN # definitely. I would be very careful these days as there are a lot of "Katrina cars" on the market still. Not as many as there once were, but still (cars with flood damage, etc). Before the days of online VIN checks my dad bought a car with flood damage and it was a nightmare. A lot of undercarriage problems. Also, before you buy, take it to a car mechanic you trust (that's kind of an oxymoron, right, LOL) to have it checked out. We have a couple in the family, so that's the best route to go. Also, make sure you do some Kelley Blue book values so you go in prepared to negotiate.