What did you want to be when you were little?

1. I'm just on my lunch break and I thought this might be a fun/light thread to start!

What did you want to be when you were little? and did you follow that passion or find a new route to follow?

I'll start. I wanted to be a singer, I did it for about 10+ years. I had a mini recording deal, I went on tour, performed on Warped Tour, and now is in college. I decided that I want to be in business. I hope that one day I can do business in the music industry.

I also wanted to be a teacher, but I don't think I have enough patience...
  2. Veterinarian-at 18 I starting working at VCA as a Kennel Attendant. It was the WORST job I've ever had for various reasons. I had to clean, feed etc.. plus help the techs & Doctors whenever they needed me. All I ever heard is the techs complain about how they did all the work & got paid crap & the Dr.'s complain about how it was going to take forever to pay off all their student loans. I was turned off from the whole idea.
  3. When I was little:

I wanted to be a bride... to be able to dress up and eat pretty food 24/7. I did run around the house wearing silly flowergirl dresses for awhile. Currently, not married.

I wanted to be a model, but was too short. Went through the whole casting-calls-head-shots phase for awhile. Was a promotional model and hair model during college. Fun time but short lived. :nuts:

I wanted to be a elementary school teacher, but have no patience whatsoever!

I wanted to be a doctor. Started studying towards that goal in college but ended up going to law school instead. Fate is such a weird thing... :p
  4. let's see..
    when I was really young: a figure skater. I tool lessons for years.
    as I got older: a veterinarian. I have always loved animals.
    High School and College: A performer. Musical theater.
    Moved to NY after college and never went on one audition but new I was ment to do something in theater. I ended up a stage manager. I've been lucky. I have had the opporunity to work in NY and on tour!
  5. I wanted to be a veterinarian :yes: But it requires science and math, two thing that I have never, ever been good at.

Once I turned 12, from then on until I was 20 I wanted to be in Art. I was prepping for it for so long, but once I got into my second year of college, I realized it just wasn't what I wanted to spend my college life doing, so I switched to English/Literature. Very happy in the field, and I graduate in May of '08. I don't want to teach or write though, lol, not quite sure what exactly I want to do yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough!
  6. A teacher.
  7. A nail technician. Random for such a small age, but I remember I always used to drive past this posh salon and I loved all the nail art in their window and for some reason I decided that was what I wanted to do at that time.
  8. I went through phases when I wanted to be an architect, an interior designer, and a standup comedian. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
  9. I wanted to be a lawyer, and I start law school next month - pretty cool! :smile:
  10. When I was young, I wanted to be a stay at home mommy. And then in middle school, I wanted to work with animals, but didn't want to be a veterinarian. In high school, I wanted to be a psychiatrist, but when I got to college and had to take all the pre-medical classes, I was turned off by the idea of medical school, but still wanted to do something in mental health. I ended up getting a bachelor's in psychology and a master's in counseling, and will be getting a Ph.D in clinical psychology (hopefully!). So although I did not become a psychiatrist, clinical psychologist is pretty close.
  11. I wanted to be an architect for a while. I also wanted to be a fashion designer. I had a hard time deciding between the two, but I eventually lost interest in both. I now want to be a real estate agent :smile:
  12. I wanted to be a singer or a Rockette! I wanted to have super long glamourous hair and my Mom made me have short hair so I used to wear my tights on my head and pretend they were long pigtails!!

I sang in choirs all through high school and college and we did a lot of touring so I got that out of my system and loved it. Sadly I have a 30" inseam...that's about half the length of the rockettes' legs, LOL!!
  13. A Police Officer. I still do, but other things have come up lol.
  14. A doctor.

I started studying Biology in college, and I soon realized that the competition to get the best grades wasn't for me.

Then I wanted to be a teacher (Biology).

I quit college a few months before I moved to Germany (April 2006).

Now I am studying Business
  15. When I was really young (2-4), I wanted to be a horse. Once I realized that dream wasn't about to pan out anytime soon, I wanted to be a vet. At 9, a cartoonist, but I turned away from that rather quickly. At 11 I saw Silence of the Lambs which made me want to become a psychiatrist. That also didn't last long and I think by 13 I started getting a vague idea. I did an internship two years ago to help me "finalize" the decision a bit more, and so far that's the plan (I'm almost 21).