DELETED

sococalifornia, I'm glad you're keeping the wallet. The Etoupe Bearn is a beautiful wallet for a guy. You'll be able to use it for years, and it will remain sophisticated and timeless. Some H items take time to appreciate, but after you've learned what goes behind the process of making these items, you will appreciate what you have. A wallet is an important accessory, far more important than others, because it's a symbolic house for your money.

There must be a reason you bought it in the first place and why you didn't like it after 2 hours. So ask yourself why and next time you'll understand better. I think money management and luxury goods is basically a study of oneself.

I think most people on this forum had such purchases, myself included, and it took them a long time to control their impulses. So, begin early, and you'll save a lot in the end. Even when hard times hit, you can always look back at your wallet and know that better times existed and can happen again if you work hard enough.

OMG SC you are like me three years ago only i had yet to discover Hermes. The only advise I can give you is try and keep your options open you are young and no matter how determined you are you can sway (and that not just because of your age) i have certainly regretted some of the designer pieces i bought when i was 15. One thing that i have to say is that you should only be buying luxury things with your own money, not your parent's (unless they are birthday/Christmas gifts.) I have been criticized my whole life for being a spoiled brat that spends their parents money, which i certainly am not. People see me dressed in designer threads and think that i could never work a full day in my life, the truth is i work hard every weekend (and now 6 days a week) to buy the things i want. Be true to yourself (and the rest can think what they want) and know that what your buying is going to be used.

? I'm starting this thread is digging a little to deep into my personal life, which most of you are getting wrong.

I think maybe there is some condescension here because he is 15, were he 30 this conversation would be moving in a different direction. I started working when I was 14, so ergo I became a "consumer", and my money was just as green as anyone else's.

I made impulse purchases at 15 and guess what, I still make impulse purchases at twice that age and you know what, the earth still spins on it's axis...

Also got kicked out of Century 21 in NYC when I was 17 for being "too young" (and I was working when not in school) so that's a sting I still remember, even after all these years.

He came here for some advice and camaraderie from like minded shoppers and collectors so let's try to assume the best:tup: