What designers do you like and what brands will you never buy?

1. I saw a similar thread in the handbags category and though it would be interesting to use the idea for a wardrobe thread.

For me, I almost always love what I see from Jean Paul Gaultier, Chado Ralph Rucci, and Vivienne Westwood. Also, since Stefano Pilati started designing for Yves Saint Laurent, I've really liked their things and Gucci and Fendi's mens collections for F/W 07 look really great.

I don't like many bands like Jil Sander and Prada for menswear; the bulk of it seems too bland (at least from what I see on the runway; what comes to the stores is often entirely different from my experience). Black suit, black tie, white shirt. Repeat. I also don't like designers who almost exclusively show jeans and t-shirts for men, ie Juicy Couture and Dsquared. I also don't like being too flamboyant with prints and colors like what Roberto Cavalli and Dolce & Gabbana show.

How about everyone else?

2. I never buy Zara, Gap, Topman and Mexx as their quality is just horrendous.

I also don't like jeans brands like Evisu, Juicy Couture is horrific (I'll only wear it at home)

I like the simple lines of Prada, YSL and the crazy, innovative designs of Vivienne Westwood. Dolce&Gabbana's designs rank tops in my books, but I like to mix them up with less flamboyant pieces...

i hate juicy, uggs, and those chav stuff..

3. I dont like clothes based on designers/shops, I just like individual pieces e.g I have a topshop dress that is beautiful and I wear all the time but most of their stuff I hate and I have a burberry cashmere jumper I also love and wear all the time but I dislike every other burberry item I have seen!

4. Do you honestly think Prada is too bland on the runway!? O.o

I wouldn't ever rule out an entire brand, but as of now I don't think I'll get anything by hedi slimane and John Galliano and Dolce & Gabbana except for the underwear and beach wear. I especially think the D&G and & are one of the most horrible "spin off"-brands there are along with Versace jeans.

5. Well I never say "never" but I really don't like D&G, Versace, not my style.
    And Diesel, totally overpriced compared to their poor quality.
    Designers I like Prada, Jil Sander, and the upcoming scandinavian designers Patrizia Pepe, Munthe Plus Simonsen, and the newbies.

6. i love marni, chloe, roberto cavalli, cacharel, tsumori chisato.
    i don't like anything made by victoria beckham, that is if you called her a designer, juicy, ralph lauren, tommy hilfiger, jil sander. anything too formal and structured...

7. I just thought of something, I really don't know why, but somehow I tend to overlook american and scandinavian brands/styles. It's not because "they're american", but usually when I see a style that I don't like it ends up being from a brand from that part of the world. Like, Calvin Klein is usually really plain looking to me and a lot of the clothes I see reminds me of old smokey men. Juicy is often very tackey or much too casual for me to wear. Same thing goes for ralph lauren, tommy hilfiger, jil sander and tons of others. Even when checking out random runway shows this happens and it's strange since fashion is very global these days.

8. Designers I like (where do I start!?!?!) - Dolce & Gabbana, Marni, Theory, Roberto Cavalli, Chloe, Vivienne Westwood, Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu, Michael Kors, Balenciaga, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Isaac Mizrahi, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Juicy Couture, Alexander Mcqueen, YSL, Lanvin, Chanel, etc. etc. etc.
    Designers I don't like - Not the keenest on Burberry, Bally, Tommy Hilfiger

9. I'll wear practically anything, just so long as it looks good.
    Brands I do not wear: Juicy, Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie

10. Never say never because I like individual pieces, not entire collections. I am constantly changing who I like each season.

But I stay away from mainstream brands for the most part, like those mall stores. I will buy something from J Crew or Urban Outfitters once in awhile.

I prefer the up and coming designers, like those sold at Barneys (my favorite store), but I tend to default to "wearable" Italian designers, Dolce & Gabbana, Missoni, Gucci for day; Cavalli for night.

11. Right now I'm stocking up on spring blouses and am really getting into Theory and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Also, BCBG. I also love Club Monaco.

I don't really have a designer I'd never try; just depends if it's cut right for my figure. Some are, some aren't.

One brand I've been moving away from for some time now is J. Crew. Other than some khaki shorts, they just don't do it for me anymore. Too preppy, IMO.

12. i tend to only stick to brands i'm familiar with because i refuse to try on clothes are the dept store, lol. i like:
    - marc by marc jacobs
    - juicy couture
    - theory
    - rebecca taylor
    - nanette lepore
    - splendid
    - c&c

I also tend to go nuts in h&m and buy way too much stuff that i don't get a chance to wear.

13. ^^ oops forgot about dvf, one of my absolute favs as well.

14. I correct myself on my post above, and agree with sonya, I like individual pieces and I do like Tommy Hilfiger and I own some of his pieces, I have no idea why I said I never will buy his designs.

15. Clothing-wise, consistently I'm always drawn to:

Calvin Klein
    Ralph Lauren
    Prada
    Armani
    Vera Wang
    Gucci

And I'd never say never to any designer. Sooner or later, everyone comes up with something I like.