What counts as an illegal fake?

Like mine~~:yahoo: One of my Chanel's is THE highest replicas, made detail for detail. No one could ever tell if it was real or not~

IMO, it's worse carrying around a faux bag with letters that "look" similar to LV or something like this. But to each his own I say. This might make one person "ill" and another doesn't mind.

Regards~:yes:

Perhaps you missed the point of this thread. My point is that fake is fake, no matter how well-copied or how poorly. I wondered what fell in the illegal category, though, so I know whether or not to report the kiosk.

I cannot yet afford high-end designer bags, and that is OK. I take pride in buying what I can and knowing that it is genuine. Despite wishing I could afford high-end designers, I will never sink to the level of pretending to be someone or something I am not.

Even if you deem a bag too expensive to be worthwhile having the real thing, then why pretend you don't by carrying a fake? I know people better off than myself who have no interest in designer bags, and that is fine. They are who they are, and bags are not a priority for them. Being true to themselves is.

Vlad himself has asked you now to stop. You have ignored all reprimands by other members; please do not disrespect the board and its hosts by continuing now.

Like mine~~:yahoo: One of my Chanel's is THE highest replicas, made detail for detail. No one could ever tell if it was real or not~

IMO, it's worse carrying around a faux bag with letters that "look" similar to LV or something like this. But to each his own I say. This might make one person "ill" and another doesn't mind.

Regards~:yes:

Fakes(ex bags you walk around with) are Illegal:yucky:
Inspired (ex bags with X&O's or Diffrent letters,bought in LEGAL places) are Legal:s

Its WORST to walk around with fake bags with copyrighted logos on it. I give kudos to people who walk around with INSPIRED alma's with X's & O's from Marshalls(which I am aware INSPIRED bags are "legal",than a chinatown hag that walks around with a fake bag from a little room in Canal st that little exploited kids in china probably made.. I hope you can get all the blood off your bags...

Perhaps you missed the point of this thread. My point is that fake is fake, no matter how well-copied or how poorly.
I cannot yet afford high-end designer bags, and that is OK. I take pride in buying what I can and knowing that it is genuine. Despite wishing I could afford high-end designers, I will never sink to the level of pretending to be someone or something I am not.

OK. The above are your feelings and I fully acknowledge them. Great!!!:yahoo: As you will notice by anything I have ever posted on this board, I am not advocating buying fakes. I merely mentioned I have a few of them and I love them, especially the one that's very well-made. That's all.

Happy Day:yes:

Um, actually in some of your posts you DO advocate buying fakes.
You made at last one comment like "why buy real when you can buy an exact high quality replica for $200?"
that's advocating.

Yeah,but you can and seriously you don't care?? FAKE=FAKE, no matter how high or low the quality is. When buying counterfeits, you're actually supporting forced child labor, terrorism, organised crime and theft of intellectual Property Rights.:s :sad:

I'm tired of seeing so many of these threads turn into discussions on fakes and I don't think I'm the only one. Can't you just block/kick off Ingrid? She's obviously either trolling or in the wrong place.

I think both would be illegal -- having the exact patter of a designer back, either claiming it's authentic or not
Copying a copyrighted pattern is already illegal, if it is claimed to be authentic, that's even worse
I heard that customs of European countries like France and Italy will fine tourists that enter with fake bags. I think this law will affect a lot Asian tourists, because Asia has lots of counterfeits.

On a side note, my friend bought a highest replica Burberry handbag for half the price. She purposely took it to a Burberry store to "authenticate", they couldn't tell it's fake. So all I can say is that people are getting good at faking handbags...

I think both would be illegal -- having the exact patter of a designer back, either claiming it's authentic or not
Copying a copyrighted pattern is already illegal, if it is claimed to be authentic, that's even worse

it depends on how much of the bag's desing has been protected by copyright. if the inspired bag hasn't ripped of the protected aspects then it's legal but we could debate for ages about whether it's ethical

sorry to say Ingrid but your posts are annoying me...
you actually told PFers to 'fess up' and own up that purses on here are not real...please do read what you write?
I think everyone here would not knowingly purchase a fake much less promote and attempt to exemplify it?

thanks!!!

yeah inspired bags are not illegal..e.g. Guess has some Chloe paddy inspired bags..but bags with the exact logo/ tags are definitely illegal! sadly, it's getting more and more rampant..thanks to the existence of ready DEMAND?

hmm.