What color wellies should i get (and size)???

1. I really wasnt a pair of hunter wellingtons. Plus once all of this snow melts in the midwest, i will need them. Im a size 5.5, so i read i should buy a 5, but will they still fit with socks?
    My other problem is what color to get. there are sooooo many colors. I am thinking about the red or maybe the merlot. But then im not sure if i should just go with basic black or green? What do you ladies think? Should i go with a Bright color, or something more subdued

2. I have the basic black because I actually think they look quite smart over skinny jeans, the way I see it if I've gotta wear wellies I want them to look as nice as possible.

I'm normally a 9 and bought an 8 in mine and can still wear socks.

3. I also favour black or green. I'm not too sure about the sizes tho but I did hear that they run a bit big.

4. go for the classic green.

5. Not sure about their new colours (Lilac, Iris, Fuschia, Lime) - they certainly stand out - but Khaki green is the classic, safe choice.

Check out the purple (I think they call it Aubergine) - it's really cool and might strike the right balance between classic and a bit of individuality :idea:.

6. They do run big, I'm normally a 6 and I got the UK3/US5 and they fit perfectly even with thick socks, so you should be fine with a 5.

7. buy a size down! i own these in navy blue and bought them in a size 7 (i'm typically a size 8). I can still wear thick socks....even with the fleece wellie liner!