What color is this bag???

1. I can't tell if this bag is yellow or orange. In some of the pics on the Hayden-Harnett website it looks yellow and in others it looks quite orange (like the pic of a model wearing the bag).

HH calls the color saffron, but where I live, saffron looks like this:

I emailed HH asking if the bag looks more yellow or more orange IRL, and they replied saying it's saffron. :push:

Have any of you seen this IRL? Even if not, what color do you think it is?
  2. Hrmmm that's a tough one! i think maybe it's just inbetween orange and yellow ... maybe the light changes it's color a bit ?
  3. [​IMG]
    This is saffron
  4. oo then that would be the color of the bag then if thats saffron! I wonder why the saffron i've seen looks like the stuff Dev posted? is there different types?
  5. I think they mean the color of saffron when you put it in food. Like the color rice turns when you put saffron in it. A yellowy-orange, if you will.
  6. It is a beautiful color, don't you think?
  7. I forgot that saffron changes color when cooked with food (I see it at the street market in raw form so often...). Thanks for reminding me, and thanks for the help everyone.

I think the color looks nice in the picture of the bag slightly open, but I don't like the orange color of the bag on the model...I think I really need to see this bag in person. :yes:
  8. Is a particular colour
  9. Because cameras and monitors all have their own opinions about color, what I do is ask the seller to tell me in hex code. If they can't do this, their web person usually can provide something that is at least more accurate than the image on the web page.

For example, the dominant color in the first bag illustrated in the original post is #F6A601, according to my monitor, while the second one is mostly #E8A322.

So if I were selling these bags, and someone asked me for the hex number, I would look at the bag itself, and starting with those numbers on the big color block, slide around to correct any difference of opinion between my monitor and my eye, and thus be able to give the person a better idea of the color than either of our monitors could!
  10. Thanks ShimmaPuff. I would follow your suggestion, but it's a bit over my head. Besides, I bet if I asked HH for the hex code they wouldn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about. The person who replied to my email didn't even seem to speak English fluently.

I just wish that the HH person who replied to my email could have told me which color in those photos best resembles the color of the bag in real life. I realize that monitors can "warp" colors, but I have access to several computers (with several different types of monitors), and on all of them the first and third pics look orange, while the second looks more yellow.

It wouldn't matter if I liked all of those colors. Unfortunately, while I love the color of the bag as it appears in the second photo, I'm not crazy about the color of the bag as it appears in the third (modeling) photo of my original post. :shrugs:
  11. Dev, I promise it is 1000% simpler than I made it sound.

Just go to http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop/

and download the little freeware program called ColorCop.

It will let you move an "eyedropper" to anywhere on your screen, and tell you the code, that you can then right click and copy.

And I can also promise you that millions of people all over the world speak hex code more fluently than any other language, so the chances are very good that the person you are talking to will be able to answer the hex code color question, and probably better than they can answer other things :smile:

For people who work with graphics, ColorCop is a very convenient tool, and I also highly recommend it to anyone who shops online for items that are any color other than black or white!
  12. In my mind saffron is the color of the first and large pic, a warm, darker, slightly orange yellow. I don't think the second pic is the true color, the other colors also look a little washed out to me.
  13. Looks like a very unusual yellow-orange. It's beautiful.