what can be SO from LV?

Yes, but they might come out with one later and if you SO it you would be paying much more for it. I remember people SOing the Damier in the 30 and paying a hefty price and then it came out shortly afterward! :wtf:

I had special ordered a Damier Speedy 25 in 2004 and paid $620 USD. (I don't remember how much Speedy 25's were in 2004.) Then, LV decided to release it in 2006 and now it retails for $595 USD in 2007. Aggravating but at least I had the Damier Speedy 25 for about two years before it became part of the regular line. LOL!

I then bought the Damier Speedy 30 when it came out in 2006 and love it!! (The 25 was too small for me but it's very cute!)

If you are wondering about what can be special ordered, then the best thing to do is to go to the LV store and ask if a particular purse can be special ordered in whatever material you like.

I asked my SA several weeks ago if a Petit Noe could be ordered in the Damier print and she said yes. A regular mono Petit Noe is $720 USD currently, and I think my SA said that the Damier version would be in the $900 USD range (I don't remember the exact price.)

I also asked if the Noe could still be special ordered in Damier and she said yes. (I had seen a pic from another tPFer who had it!).

And the Cabas Mezzo can still be ordered in Damier but the Cabas Piano can't anymore (although I do remember seeing a Damier Cabas Piano at LV a few years ago listed then as a special order! - It was soooo pretty!!!)

I've also seen the Deauville special ordered in Damier (so cute!), black Epi (beautiful) and a pic of a Mini (is that the name of the material before the Mini Lin came out - not familar with that discontinued line).

Anyways, just ask at the LV store - they'll check their computer to see if it's possible to special order a purse. I've never asked about accessories before.... I would love to see the Wapity in Damier!

I've never even thought about special ordering anything...until DH brought up the fact that I'm going to buy an LH but I love Damier. I cannot check the LV website (it won't load...for whatever reason).

Does anyone know if an LH can be SO in Damier?

Thanks!

Well I thought you had knowledge about Louis Vuitton. Although I'll inform you. The most famous special orders were the Edinburgh Escarelle in Damier that was made for a client of Louis Vuitton, The Manicure Set in Monogram Canvas for a client's luggage collection, a Baby Bottle case in vivid red Epi leather for a client's baby. This may not be a small item, but a Conductor's Batton Box in Monogram Canvas for a conductor. These were all made with the tradition of Louis Vuitton to please the client of Louis Vuitton with their collection. They've been doing it ever since the day Louis Vuitton was born.

Can you name a few places where you heard otherwise? :smile:
utterly disrespectful...never ceases to amaze me

Contractual obligation to Murakami forbids SO in his lines, if your name is Bill Gates I am sure they would make you anything, but for us to walk into a store and ask be prepared to here a big fat no. small goods, with some exception, cannot be SO'd. FYI 866 and the website are not really known for accurate information, so before you get snarky make sure the info you were given is correct.

Well I thought you had knowledge about Louis Vuitton. Although I'll inform you.

That comment was uncalled for, please do not condescend any one here.
John is probably one of THE most knowledgeable members on TPF, and he's a mod, so treat him with respect like everyone else.

As for SO's, I agree with everyone here. Most bags in mono/damier can be SOed, some in Epi, a couple in Vernis and MC.