What Brand Is Not Living Up to Its Hype?

LOL I didn't know there were so many Atlanta people here. I went to a public high school in Alpharettta Georgia and I had a good public education. Many of my classmates wound up in ivy league schools. I applied to UGA, Georgia Tech, and Emory. I got into all three but chose to stay closer to home and public at Georgia Tech. I go to school for free and get about 3K a semester of spending money, it's my last year. It's great! A lot of my friends went to UGA and Emory.

I'm not a fan of Prada's nylon bags. Not only are they too understated (in my opinion) but the quality is severely lacking. The zipper broke about 4 times on my small nylon Prada. Maybe mine was just defective, who knows?

Louis Vuitton, especially after teaming up with Takashi Murakami & Marc Jacobs...sorry.

Ouch! I love LV's "Cherry Blossom" Murakami line. And I :heart: :love: :heart: Dooney & Bourke.

But, hey, this thread is based on opinions, so here's my 2 cents...
I really can't stand Kate Spade. Sorry to all those who have and love her bags, I just think they're blah. A couple of her leather ones aren't bad, but I dislike most of her fabric ones.

And on that note, I'm completely, totally 100% in agreement about those boring, crappy fabric Prada bags. To me, that's just paying for a name, not for quality, craftsmanship, or originality.

But that's just me... :shame:

This is what i have been thinking for a while now. Thats is why I dont mind trying a new designer who actually put some design in their bag and didnt just create a remake of someone elses design. For example take my 360 bag. Never seen anything like it and I probably wont until the replicas and fakes come out.

I don't know about the hype on this but could the "Burburry" bags be any uglier?? Yucko.

The Coach patchwork right now is a bit much. Prada does nothing for me either.

LV I see everywhere on everyone when I go to the nearest large mall. That and Coach on EVERYONE, I think it just begins to wear out when you see it on everybody. That could just be my own quirk.

totally agree with you there. don't like fendi's designed, and the spy bag is the best thing they have to offer, and i don't even like it that much, it's huge and can look pretty hideous sometimes.

i think prada is also going down the toilet with their ugly designs lately.

and who is kooba? i never heard of them before sienne miller started wearing their bags, and then they designed one after her. i went to their website and couldn't find anything on them at all. who their designer is, their history, etc.

and where are their bags even made? i hope it's not china.

Koobas started out in 1998 by a Mother & Daughter team (Abbe & Bonnie Held). Yes, they are made in China along with many other higher end bags so I won't hold that against them. Sienna definately got them off the ground. Their earlier bags don't hold a candle to the new ones.

IMO, overrated bags would be Prada (totally agree w/ everyone on the cheap looking nylon), Marc Jacob (only one I actually liked was the Stam), Fendi (their signature brown logo bags are the same color as my baby's poop but Spy bag is nice though) and last Kate Spade (for their forever boring fabric bag designs).

Fendi - don't get it at all, those Spy bags look like little aliens to me! Anything monogrammed or logo-ed, icky to me and I don't get Marc Jacobs at all, or really anything quilted . . .Sorry!