What Brand Is Not Living Up to Its Hype?

I don't like anything Coach or Dooney & Burke - They all copy the premier designers instead of coming up with their own ideas. Kenneth Cole makes some very affordable original bags - so it's not just about money.

fayden said:
totally agree with you there. don't like fendi's designed, and the spy bag is the best thing they have to offer, and i don't even like it that much, it's huge and can look pretty hideous sometimes.

i think prada is also going down the toilet with their ugly designs lately.

and who is kooba? i never heard of them before sienne miller started wearing their bags, and then they designed one after her. i went to their website and couldn't find anything on them at all. who their designer is, their history, etc.

and where are their bags even made? i hope it's not china.

They are made in USA. This was asked a while back, I think the poster emailed them.

Issmom said:
I kinda like the Pradas. I like the black ones with the big florals and the passementarie. I never liked the Spy and Noriko's experience just put the cherry on THAT sundae!

I'm not a fan of Kooba. My kids go to private school and every girl over the age of 12 is carrying one![/quote]

I am not that knowledgable on Kooba bags...but did order a black Sienna from NM a month or so ago to be delivered after Dec. 7th. I had seen the smaller version of the Sienna (name escapes me right now) and to me, the black leather was so beautiful....so rich looking that I ordered the Sienna in the same color.

But...now that I hear it's becoming a teeny bopper bag...well....I am not so sure that I am going to like that.

I need a non-structured black shoulder bag or hobo....one that will be timeless....but around the same price range as the Kooba Sienna....$600-700 approx. I want a very well made bag....non-logo-y and all leather.

Any suggestions?

I have a small black nylon Prada hobo.
I love it (although I'm a bit on the fence about the quality).
I got it because I needed a more sporty bag to carry when I'm dressed down to run to the store or something. A fancier bag looks silly with a Columbia winter coat but the Prada works well.

my bf keeps telling me i should turn my handbag obsession into a business, that way i can write them off on my taxes... lol! wouldn't that be an idea...

Bjara said:
But...now that I hear it's becoming a teeny bopper bag...well....I am not so sure that I am going to like that.

Don't worry! These kids are not a reflection of the US as a whole -- a private school in Manhattan. These are families with their own planes (better to get to their weekend houses in Belize...), drivers, multiple nannies (one per child!), cooks. Its not like the vast majority of American is buying multiple-hundred-dollar bags for their 12 year olds to lug to school!

my co-workers' husband's nephew goes to a private school (note he's NOT in college) and they pay 33,000 a year for tuition. His father has a PHD in MATH??? no idea... Exeter private school... or something... i was overhearing this today! totally nuts in my opinion, but if they can afford it why not? Something like each class has 13 kids... that's gotta be scary!

Here is the bitter truth. I have a bunch of the LV monogram and I really don't like them..not one bit. They are boring. I simply liked the attention I got when I carried it...but...I'll never purchase another one. I got caught up in the hype a few years ago. :wacko:

fayden said:
my co-workers' husband's nephew goes to a private school (note he's NOT in college) and they pay 33,000 a year for tuition. His father has a PHD in MATH??? no idea... Exeter private school... or something... i was overhearing this today! totally nuts in my opinion, but if they can afford it why not? Something like each class has 13 kids... that's gotta be scary!

I went to private school from kindergarden through 12th grade, and my 4th grade class had 9 kids in it the entire school year. It was a small Christian school. The tuition was nowhere near $33k, though, ouch!

Cristina said:
I went to private school from kindergarden through 12th grade, and my 4th grade class had 9 kids in it the entire school year. It was a small Christian school. The tuition was nowhere near $33k, though, ouch!

wow, living in NY i've never had anything like that, always went to public schools where a minimum of 35 kids per class and this was in elementary school. my highschool graduating class was over 1000!!! so most of the time i was trying to go un-noticed, which was pretty easy actually.