What books could you just NOT finish?

1. I completely agree. We were assigned to read it in high school... Just didn't happen for me! :smile:
  2. So true, isn't it? Such a waste of time!
  3. And I thought I was the only person who hated this book.

And count me in with the Historian too. That piece of crap was even boring as an audiobook.
  4. The Chelsea Handler books
  5. You didn't miss a thing... lol. I plowed through and then wanted to throw it at the wall. Ha!!!
  6. AHAHAh A+ Post. He is so overrated.

I got through the Shack, as I was waiting for the big "aha moment" everyone liked - all I could think of was that it was Christian version of the Matrix. LOL
  7. I couldn't make it past the first 2 pages in The Time Traveler's Wife.
  8. Naked - David Sedaris
    I Know This Much is True - Wally Lamb
    The Russian Concubine - Kate Furnivall
    Memoir of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
  9. Me either ...
  10. Really? Once I got about through the first few chapters, I ended up loving it.
  11. I loved Middlesex ;)
  12. Thorn Bird. I dropped it once, but I finished it later on.
  13. Blink by Malcom Gladwell.

my friend lent it to me to read and i really wanted to but i had chicklit i rather have been reading so yea, i stopped and switched over. i still have the book and i would like to one day finish reading it but for now, it's not top priority.

14. Me too, I was pissed I bought it.
  15. The Time Traveler's wife was a drag. I did finish it but I still don't understand what so special about it. The Shack. Another book I did finish but I so wanted to put it down once I understood what the book was about. I really should have read on the back cover before buying. It pissed me off that I wasted money on religious "propaganda".