What book are you reading right now?

1. I just finished reading Kitchen Confidential and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I really enjoyed them both.

I have a daily 40 minute commute on the train and an upcoming 4 hour flight to SD. I am in need of new books to read. I'm sick of chic lit. I obviously don't mind reading light books, but something captivating is more important. What are you reading these days or what do you recommend?

2. I'm a big fan of anything by John Irving (except The Cider Houser Rules - didn't like that one too much). I just picked up The Fourth Hand to read on vacation but I haven't started reading it yet.

3. The Kite Runner - by Khaled Hosseini
    The Borgia Bride - Jeanne Kalogridis
    The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve

just read these and love love loved them

4. I love this book. He recently came out with a second book that got great reviews. Are you planning on reading it?

I am in the middle of The Fountainhead. It's so good and getting better and more scandalous as I read on.

5. How luxury lost its luster :tup:
    Middlesex (Oprahs book of the month):wtf::nuts::confused1:

6. I am reading the entire Harry Potter series. Currently on book five. Loving them all!

7. Same here. I'm re-reading book 6 b/c i didn't remember anything. But I've got book 7 on my shelf ready to go.:yes:

8. Nothing important, just The False Hearted Teddy (it's a mystery) and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Forever in Blue.

9. I finished HP 7 awhile ago, and started Rule of four, which has been kicking around for awhile, but I can't seem to get into it.

10. Yes! The Kite Runner is a must, must read! A Thousand Splendid Suns is his second book, and I'm dying to read it, too.

Right now, I'm working on Kafka by the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Really good, kind of surrealist...

11. Just finished the last HP yesterday..

now I'm trying to finish a book called Lost in Moscow by Kirsten Koza

13. Just finished HP Deathly Hallows and on to A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, same author as the Kite Runner. So far it is good.

14. My 'bedtime reading' is The School For Husbands by Wendy Holden.

After that it'll be The Twins of Tribeca by Rachel Pine.

My 'subway reading' is The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer edited by William Irwin, Mark T. Conard and Aeon J. Skoble.

15. Just finished "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt. Now starting "Lucky You" by Carl Hiassen.