What bags do you carry for travelling?

I almost always have occasions when I need to be "dressed" when I travel. I find my Jennifer Marvin bags hold up, so well...yes, I cringe when the flight attendant "stuffs" them somewhere, or I have to put them on that black conveyor belt thing...but, they really do well (even my pink hortensia one) I think I would not travel with anything else. Yes, Goyard is also a good classy choice, but I think the Jennifer Marvin ones are just more my style....

Vuitton was made for travel!! I carry my MC keepall along with my I love you with a pochette inside for all documents. Take your bags OUT, enjoy them. I use all my rare bags all the time, otherwise what"s the point??? As my LV SA said to me years ago (in a very french accent) "You take them out, you give them life, every ding, nick, mark is exclusive to your expirences and your bag and that is what makes having a Vuitton so personal." I don't know if that was the best line of BS, but I have always lived by that and take em OUT!

designer bag all the way! :heart: i travel with my Lv bags, usually i carry the damier chelsea, its big, roomy and elegant.. sometimes speedy 30 and my big prada tote :flowers: i dont know but i always want to carry designer when i travel even though i just travel coach lol :roflmfao: im not going to baby my bags they go under the planes seats etc and would you believe my lv's are still in pristine condition especially the damiers no scratches, nothing. the monos are in good condition too just the natural aging of the handles and thats basically it :idea: this are really heavy duty bags and i love them :heart:

I bring all of my bags with me while traveling :smile: I've got an Adidas duffle bag that I use as my carryon bag - and I usually stuff all of my season-appropriate purses in there, along with some other things I may need on the plane. I don't want to say that I don't trust the luggage people, but there's just too much risk. Know what I mean?

LVaddict! said:
Vuitton was made for travel!! I carry my MC keepall along with my I love you with a pochette inside for all documents. Take your bags OUT, enjoy them. I use all my rare bags all the time, otherwise what"s the point??? As my LV SA said to me years ago (in a very french accent) "You take them out, you give them life, every ding, nick, mark is exclusive to your expirences and your bag and that is what makes having a Vuitton so personal." I don't know if that was the best line of BS, but I have always lived by that and take em OUT!

i totally agree with you there LVaddict, my lv's has been with me everytime i travel abroad :love: i throw on the bed, they go under the seats they are practically everywhere lol :lol: whats the point if i dont use them right? :upsidedown: :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

LV Addict hit it right on the head. I don't have many "designer" bags except my 2 new Koobas, but I actually love all my bags and each was selected carefully. I don't think I'd want to purchase some cheap bag just for a trip and ignore the rest of these babies:yucky: . Travel is a time to feel good and enjoy our personal collectons! Okay, so maybe leave the white Chanel at home, otherwise, I say ENJOY!

Good timing on this question - my trip is coming up soon!

I recently bought an ivory Kooba Sienna specifically for this trip. This past weekend I finally took it out of the dustbag and used it for a few days when I was doing lots of walking and shopping. It's gorgeous and fits a lot of stuff, but the leather is pretty heavy. Also, I'm not sure I want to stuff a white bag under the airline seat, and the open top makes it vulnerable on the Underground. So I went to an outdoor store and found this pretty, lightweight apple-green crossbody Overland Equipment bag. It has a gazillion pockets, a secure top zip, a cool fold-out organizer, and if it gets dirty or scraped up, I won't be heartbroken.

Attachments

• 528254.jpg
    528254.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 252
if i am flying, it will only bags that can it in the overhead compartment, like my 23 hr LV bag, my small LV cruiser, saumur, grimaud. i would not want to check in my LVs, i might as well say bye bye to them. but if travelling by car, it will be all my LVs luggages. they are really weel made for travel.

Jane Ann said:
Do you buy these direct from lesportsac or is there another good website to purchase from? Thank you! :biggrin:
i get them from the outlet because they have the cutest prints vs. stuff from macys or bloomies. i dont like the latest, but i love the abstract spots, london prints, boat prints, shamrock prints, adn its all tehre in a great print.

It depends on where I am going. Last year when we went to Florida (Disney World) I brought my Coach Hampton Weekend Tote. It was fantastic in the rain and held alot!

For Chicago I always bring my designer bags. Last year I brought out my Chanel Cambon Bowler. This year I am thinking about bringing my LV Cabas Mezzo since it holds so much. I agree with the sentiment that to use your bags is to love your bags.

Depends on where I'm going...my most recent trip was a road trip to the coast so I stayed super casual with my Kooba Sienna and a cute straw beach bag.

If I'm flying somewhere I want to look stylish but not "jump out" so much with anything too flashy. I stick with shoulder bags that I can hold securely under my arm, zip at the top - no open tops for pickpockets or things falling out accidentally! Also something that goes with a lot of outfits (probably black) and holds up in a variety of weather. Believe it or not, my good ol' Nine West shoulder bag (small hobo style) does great and really holds up! I also like to bring a smaller bag for going out in the evenings. But now that I have a couple LVs they are probably going on my next trip!!