What bag should I buy for my Honeymoon?!

Katewin56

Nov 18, 2015
Hello bag lovers! I will be traveling to Italy for 10 days in November for my Honeymoon and want to purchase a fabulous new bag for the trip! My everyday bag is an LV Speedy, and I'd like to get something a little different to carry on the trip. I'm open to different brands / price points. I'm thinking maybe something crossbody so it'll be "out of the way" when sightseeing, etc. Something not too big, but big enough to hold passport, money, camera, phone and a couple other little things that I'd want to have with me all day. I was originally thinking maybe the LV Eva, but I'm worried it may be a little too small. I'd love to hear some suggestions! And pics too! :smile:

Reactions: BagLadyT
Congratulations!

Perhaps a Gucci Soho Disco or Gucci Marmont Matelasse 'camera bag' or flap. It would be lovely if you could buy it there as a souvenir of you trip. Have a wonderful time anyway

Reactions: Pinksweater
I would buy a bag in Italy from one of the small leather ateliers. You can get beautiful hand made bags in beautiful leather at a great price. I buy my bags from a small atelier in Teramo Italy called Massaccesi. Teramo is 100 miles from Rome. Just an option [emoji2]

Sent from my Z970 using PurseForum mobile app

Buy a souvenir bag in Italy! So many stores and shops. You can also take advantage of the duty free!
One more vote to an Italian bag! They have such great leather artisans in Italy, it would be silly not to buy there or even have something custom made when you have the chance. Plus, of course, the duty free and the fact that you will have a bag that will most likely be one of a kind in your area.

If you want to have the bag with you when you leave home, then Hermes Evelyne or Mulberry Medium Lily or even Small Bayswater Satchel might work for you.

Reactions: Meggowaffle
The eva will be FAR too small for what you want to carry. Why don't you wait till you get there and treat yourself to an italian bag while you're there?! then you'll always think of your honeymoon when you use it, and you'll have a bag to use on the trip!

Hey girl the Eva is too small but a larger alternative is the Favourite MM it's large enough to hold all the things you mentioned and comes in the monogram or Damier canvas. Can be used cross body or as a clutch for evenings

I went to Italy for my honeymoon too! I passed on a Gucci soho because I spent my money on lots of other Italy things. There are many lovely smaller Italian-brands shops...Gianni Chiarini in Florence, Giorgia Milani in Milano...I did however pay to ship a Fendi bag back after the fact =( Remorseful I didn't bring it home - searched everywhere here then gave in and ordered from Sicily. Love Italy! Have fun =)

Love the idea of buying a bag as a souvenir of your honeymoon! Gucci is a great choice, how about Fendi, which was founded in Rome? A 2jours would be a stylish bag to carry around.

If buying from artisans, the school of leather in Florence is a nice place to visit:
http://www.scuoladelcuoio.com/scuola-del-cuoio-about-us.html

I know this thread is old, but I just ran across it researching Giorgia Milani. Great Mother of Moley, soramillay, I had no idea the Florence School of Leather existed. Their pieces for sale online are gorgeous. Do you have any other similar artisans to recommend whose handbags and accessories are available online?

How fun! I recently bought a Fendi 3Baguette for travel (pics in the Fendi forum), and am really excited about it. It is a great size for day, and it has both a chain shoulder strap and a crossbody strap, so you can make it dressier for evening. Plus it will remind you of your honeymoon country for years to come! I don't think it is a current style, but they can be found. Happy hunting!

Hello bag lovers! I will be traveling to Italy for 10 days in November for my Honeymoon and want to purchase a fabulous new bag for the trip! My everyday bag is an LV Speedy, and I'd like to get something a little different to carry on the trip. I'm open to different brands / price points. I'm thinking maybe something crossbody so it'll be "out of the way" when sightseeing, etc. Something not too big, but big enough to hold passport, money, camera, phone and a couple other little things that I'd want to have with me all day. I was originally thinking maybe the LV Eva, but I'm worried it may be a little too small. I'd love to hear some suggestions! And pics too! :smile:

Katewin56 I am really interested to hear what you did for the Italian honeymoon and what bag you decided to go with? Let us know what you carried for the trip.