What Bag Is This?

1. My mother just handed me down an old, very simple Bottega Veneta bag of hers. Unfortunately, I don't know anything else about it.

So sorry for the horrible quality pictures (I had to take them on my phone, my camera is broken), but does anyone know what the name of my new bag is? Or maybe how much it would retail for (I'm curious!)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eurgh, you really can't tell anything by those, sorry. Well, it's black leather with a small sort of criss crossed pattern er...carved (I know there's a better word, but I can't think of it) into it. It's rectangular with a rounded top, and there's a tag thing hanging down in the front with a metal piece that says Bottega Veneta. Approximately 22.5 cm wide x 13.5 cm tall x 7 cm deep. Very long strap.

Thank you so much :greengrin:

2. sorry don't know what it is but i love it. enjoy!

3. I'm not sure of the name, but I used to these before Tom Maier came to the company, maybe around 2000, 2001 (I'm not good with dates). I'm not sure they were leather. I was told by an SA at Nordstrom that they were some type of textured material. But, many people thought they were leather. One lady, who was a customer, said that the material was great and it wore better than LV.

4. Thanks for the information. Maybe it isn't leather, I don't know...
    But the material is great, even after all my mom put it through it only has a little bit of damage where the strap meets the bag.

And thanks, I certainly will enjoy it, it's quite simple but very pretty; I love it :greengrin:

5. It`s a nice bag, indeed. I do think it`s from the Marco Polo collection which is made from coated fabric.

6. Hi blowfish,

the bag could be in bulgaro leather...It's smooth but has the intrecciato pattern stamped in...Bottega discontinued the bulgaro around/before Tomas and with the long strap, it could even be 80's-90's - maybe even older. I don't think it has a name - Hope this helps!

7. I dont like it at all.

8. I think it's very cute, a beautiful cobalt color, and it would go with a lot!