What are your thoughts on the modern chain, generally? Is it so edgy that it takes

1. away from the classic appeal of "Chanel"? I want all of my Chanel purchases to last me for several years and I don't know how this one will stand the test of time. (Still awaiting my glazed calfskin brown tote)

2. I don't think it will last forever, but it's not so edgy IMO that it won't last a very long time.
    They made it in a beutiful leather and in classic colors. It just walks along the border of edgy IMO.

3. I definitely think you can get a few years out of it, especially the tote. I just got the black glazed caviar tote MC and use it practically everyday! I'll probably continue to use it until it dies, which since its a Chanel will probably not be anytime soon :smile:

4. seems to me all Chanel is timeless:love:

which glazed calfskin brown tote did you get?

5. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm not sure which one it is. I think it is an e/w tote--but I am going on the advice of a super sweet SA who is sending it to me. I don't think I will get it until tomorrow, though. Drives me crazy!

6. This E/W is soo pretty. The leather is TDF! I saw it at Tyson chanel boutique in VA. You'll love it! I really like the glazed leather more than the original. I'm glad I waited, otherwise, I would have been mad when the fall 2007 bags came out...

7. I saw the glazed leather today and it is gorgeous!

8. I can't wait to see pics :smile:

I curious if its the same brown as last season or a different brown.

9. The MC is unusual, but not necessarily edgy, IMO. It's not so odd looking that it will not look good for a very long time. Prada's fringe bag is an example of a bag that is edgy and may not stand the test of time.

10. ITA. The MC looks like Chanel with a nice little "twist" to me. I don't think it will ever go out of style.

11. I don't really think about the classic appeal or how long will it last (in fashion speaking). But I would consider it on how pretty it looks with me. And I think Modern Chain is beautifully gorgeous!

12. i don't know how "fashionable" and "trendy" u are. but IMO, it can be used as long as u still like it regarding it's still trendy or not.

13. Leem,

I know what you mean by "edgy". I've been known to call this bag "motorcycle-chic". I have the black from last season and get tons of compliments on it. And believe me when I say that hardly anybody knows what Chanel is or even cares around here. So that is saying something.

Here are some close-up pics of the leather. It is really durable.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And some pics of how try to "feminize" her a little bit. I'm addicted to H twillies and am usually wearing one but when I don't I have one on my bag.

[​IMG][​IMG]