What are your thoughts on the Alma bag?

I have 2 epi almas and love the shape. I think that it is a classic shape that can be dressed up or down, versus the alma which always seems casual to me.
I love both, but if I could only have 1, it would be the alma!

I think the Alma is beautiful. Did everyone know that Coco Chanel owned one? I think she may have even designed it for LV! My Best Friend has one - so classy. I am a Speedy gal. The double zipper would bug me.

i have a mono and black epi speedy.... love love love both of them, but now i'm going to get a red epi alma. the speedy is more versatile, so it may be a better first choice.

I have a black MC Alma and the speedy in mono and damier. The alma is much prettier and turns heads. It can get really heavy when it is stuffed unlike the speedy, which is really light. Also, the vachetta bottom is more high maintenance. I still love my Alma more than my speedy but the speedy gets used more because it is more practical for daily use.

the alma was my very first LV bag...and i never used it. i can't say never, maybe i pulled her out a couple of times....i hated the alma when i first saw it, then changed my mind and decided that it was the classiest of LV shapes. after buying it, it just never seemed to be a bag that i wanted to wear. it felt a bit old to me. i see people with it all the time and i think it looks fine, but to me (and this is my own, personal opinion) i just felt like my mother. i lvoe my speedies, they are great, everyday, throw-around bags. the alma can start to pull at the zipper if it is over-stuffed. i recently sold my alma on ebay - u can get some great deals on alma's on ebay since they don't hold their values that well (around half price). try on both bags if u can and see which shape suits u best. i think an alma is great for a work bag (i work in a hospital, so it just doesn't go), its a classy shape and looks refined.

my love relationship with the alma changes every day--it's stylish, it's not. i need one, i'll never fit my stuff in it...

the speedy 30, 35 and 40 are more practical for the shape, size and the ability to put the bag down without ruining the bottom (in the mono alma). however, i do find it to be a better choice than the 25 speedy.

I have an epi Alma in Cannelle. It is really versatile. I have the matching shoulder strap, even though it doesn't have a vachetta bottom. I think it will always be an LV icon, and unless you really need more room, it is almost as necessary as owning a Speedy if you are a true LV collector !!