What Are Your Superstitions?

1. I'm sure many of us have something we're superstitious about. Let's share it here! I guess I'll start:

- Numbers: I'm superstitious about numbers. Everything that I care about (my car, my house, my bags, etc) that has numbers to them has to be a certain pattern. They can't have a "5" in it as it makes the entire serial negative
    - Black Cats: They bring me luck
    - Saying "Good Luck" or "Break A Leg": That always brings me bad luck

I'm sure there're more but that's all I can remember right now. What about you? What are your superstitions?
  2. 1. Never say goodbye. Say see ya later or something that indicates you WILL see them again at a later time. Goodbye is eerily final.

2. Don't set your purse on the floor or you will be broke for the rest of your life.
  3. I am like that too, especially with my elders!!

Ah crap, that explains a lot ... This is going to become my new superstition.
  4. No shoes on the table or it's bad luck...well that and very very dirty! Also I don't open umbrellas inside or it's bad luck.
  5. Ok...this one is really weird.

I make it a point to never have my tv volume set to the number 6.

I know...I know...I just can't help it!!
  6. I dont have any buy my mom, she knocks on wood atleast 5 times a day.. lol
  7. That's really interesting about the shoes. In my culture, we're not supposed to give anybody shoes as gifts, as that means you're sending them off (as in sending them off in a funeral). We also don't give "clocks" as it's has the same meaning.

Ick! I open umbrellas indoor all the time.:push:
  8. Same here about the shoes!! My mother & grandmother always yell at me to not put shoes on the bed or table. We're Italian by the way...
  9. {picking Speedy 35 off floor and placing on chair} gosh this almost seems too obvious-I am going to try this!!!

I have so many other superstitions, like my 11 year old lucky blue flying shirt and face down pennies...its crazy!
  10. Only with the number 13.:hrmm:
  11. Hmmm...I still do the "rabbit rabbit rabbit" on the first day of the month.
  12. What is that? I've heard of the purse thing before, unfortunately sometimes I just don't know where to put my bags, like 'waiter can I have another chair....for my purse!'

I like to have my mom pour some water on the ground before I fly, wierd one huh? Sometimes I also burn this good luck incense. I also have an evil eye charm hanging above my door at home. Hmmm, can't think of anything else right now.
  13. - I knock on wood a LOT;
    - I always have to wear the pendant that I received when I was baptized 18 years ago. I feel like nothing's protecting me when I'm without it (well, that hasn't happened yet...I always have it on!);
    - I have to look at myself in the mirror and fix something (hair, lipstick, etc.) if I forget something at home & come back to get it;
    - I don't whistle or let anyone whistle inside our house. My mom once told me that it brings BAD luck! Sounds weird, I know!
    - Don't toast and put a glass down right away. Have to drink a little and THEN put it down if not finished. Otherwise, it brings bad luck with finances.

Wow, I have a lot! I should really get a life...
  14. - No opening an umbrella in the house
    - 12 grapes on New year's (1 for each month)
    - Red wallet for prosperity ( grandmother's superstition handyme down)
    - New clothes everything (shoes, handbag, accessories, under clothes) for Jan.1
  15. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit