What Are Your Plans For The Summer ?

shu said:
Originally, I was going to travel in Europe for two weeks with my friends. But now, I don't think I can anymore because I can't manage to book an open visa appointment. *sigh* So most likely no go. :sad:

Awww Shu i'm sorry to hear that, I pray you find a way somehow. :heart:

northernbelle33 said:
I'm not going anywhere, but hopefully, people will be coming to me!

My online friend who lives in California is supposed to visit me for a few days and go to my graduation party in July. We're going to show her around the area and we might go into the city (New York City, that is).

Another online friend is supposed to come up here from North Carolina in August. I got tickets to see JK Rowling (the author of the Harry Potter books) read in Radio City Music Hall. Stephen King and John Irving will also do readings from their books, but I don't really care about them:P . I can't wait to see JKR read. My friend and I are total Potterholics, so seeing JKR read HP is like seeing God read from the Bible:lol: . I'm going to freak out:shame: .

I hope that all goes well and that they're both able to come see me...it will be so cool if it happens.

I'm a Harry Potter freak tooooooooo! :biggrin:
Enjoy EVERY single minute listening to JKR...you're so lucky!

Umm..my holiday...I'm going to Bangkok + Singapore :smile:

Hope you have fun in England, Pradasmeadow!

Blueberry said:
I'm a Harry Potter freak tooooooooo! :biggrin:
Enjoy EVERY single minute listening to JKR...you're so lucky!

Umm..my holiday...I'm going to Bangkok + Singapore :smile:

Hope you have fun in England, Pradasmeadow!

Thanks! I'll be listening more closely than I've ever listened in my life!:P

Have fun on your trip!:yes:

Well, I'll be working FT mostly. I'm going to stay with an internet friend in NM (not Neiman Marcus!! :lol:) for a couple of weeks in July tho' -I'm so excited!

Prada, enjoy good ole' Blighty. I hope the weather stays good for you!

Next weekend -- a trip back in time -- going to my 40th (!) high school renunion in NYC. Will be staying with my roommate from grad school (a friend for 30 years!) and will visit my mother in NYC.

Hope to get some painting done over the summer. My son will be here for July and then we wlll take him down to Willamsburg -- he starts law school at William & Mary.

The essence of summer for us is hanging around the house, reading and having meals on the terrace -- nothing exciting --