What are your jobs?? tell us about yourselves!! :)

1. Hi everyone! I don't think a thread has been started here like this yet but I saw one in Hermes and another in Balenciaga and I thought it'd be interesting to start one here!

for all of us chloe bag lovers, what do we do for a living to afford these bags? or just simply, what are our careers? or anythinga bout yourself. ;)

i'll start first..I'm a dental hygienist, on my spare time..I love trying out restaurants, I care a lot about my skin recently..trying out many beauty prodcuts..and I also have a 8 month old puppy which I love!

you? what do you do?:graucho:
  2. Replied on balenciaga, but I'll reply here too. this is fun as from the looks of it we could really network on this site, we have a lot in common in addition to our love of handbags

I a a director of catering and conventions at a hotel, downtown chicago. I started event planning for non profits for a few years, and did weddings for 4 years!
  3. What a great idea!

I work in Marketing for a very large retailer. I love love love my job, and *most* of the people I deal with on a day-to-day basis! I just got married last fall, and expect to expand my HANDBAG family in the very near future!!

In my freetime, I love to be outdoors! BBQ'ing with friends, at the lake, sitting at car shows with the hubby - I do it all! Besides Chloe's, my other loves are jewelry, and my 6yr old Golden Lab. And my husband of course! My most latest habit is buying nail polishes - OPI and Essie are my favs. I don't know what sparked it, but now I'm obsessed!
  4. which brand of nail polish do you usually get? :smile: and congrats on the marriage!!:yahoo:
  5. thanks for supporting this thread :flowers:
  6. I work as a media analyst. I have recently started looking to expand from chloe bags to chanel...
  7. fennelcake,

OPI and Essie..... my DH is getting so SICK of smelling the polish and polish remover. :rolleyes: It feels like I'm changing my nail polish every other day! (Right now I have OPI's "Its a Doozie Says Suzi" on...)

Thanks for the wedding wish!! It seems many of our friends have jumped on the wedding bandwagon - 8 of them are getting married this yr! Sheesh...
  8. Love this thread! I often wonder about you guys on here - what you do for a living etc. Here's me:

I am a Medical Sales Rep. Been doing this for about 10 years now and this is my 3rd job in this industry. I started in Pharmaceuticals selling drugs to GPs and hospital Consultants. Did that for 5 years, then got made redundant (that was hard for all the reps):sad:. Then 4 years in Urology/Stoma and now am working for a company selling devices to Intensive Care, Theatres (O.R.) etc.

I enjoy my job as it affords me the freedom I need - I work from home, make my own appointments and run it like a small business. Good salary and nice company car.

Marriage-wise - done it twice/divorced twice! :wtf:. Am now living in my own house where my kids are with me 50/50 with ex-husband. I say kids - my daughter is 17 and my son is 22 and currently serving in Afghanistan with the Royal Marines. He has been there since last Sept and it has been the most stressful time of my life. He has seen 3 of his comrades killed as he valiantly tried to save them from horrific injuries. He is ok though and comes home in a week :yahoo:

This place is my stress-reliever! I come here after work - and sometimes when I should be working too!! :graucho:

I have a fabulous boyfriend and we've been together 6 years. We are madly in love, but do not live together. He lives 50miles away and we get together at weekends. We will probably live together eventually, but it feels like the perfect relationship now and we are both nervous of changing what we have - both having had unhappy marriages. Besides, we have all the fun, passion and romance - but we keep our independence, space and we don't get bogged down with domestic issues. We'll see what happens, no rush :shrugs:

Anyway, I've gabbled on too long about me me me! Someone else's turn now!

Great thread fennelcake :yes:
  9. oh gosh Thelace, I am guessing next week cannot come soon enough, I can picture you now giving your son the biggest hug in the whole world next week :nuts:

I am a mum, I have two girls and its the best job I have had so far ;)
    Im doing a diploma at home on fashion and design, but there is no set time limit which is really not good for me, as I havent done any for almost two months now. I must apply myself more, but its nearly summer for goodness sake :biggrin:, who wants to study fashion history from the 18th century when the sun is shining ;)

Im happy with my life, I have a gorgeous husband and 2 healthy happy children, it doesnt get much better than that really :smile:
  10. I will indeed chloe-babe! :yahoo:

And don't be too hard on yourself re the Diploma. You'll get it done. You sound like me - if I don't have a deadline, I don't feel inclined to do stuff! My paperwork, for example, only gets done when I am in trouble for not getting it to my Boss!

You enjoy your daughters now. People always say that, don't they? But it really is so true. It seems like only yesterday mine were toddlers. I used to sometimes wish for quieter times, but I miss them being my babies now :sad:

Good luck with the Diploma and carry on having a great life! :yes: