What are your eBay Pet Peeves and Questions?

1. Hi, all - I am composing a lengthy eBay guide for Purse Purchasers. I have already written a couple:

eBay Concerns and Helpful Hints: http://pursedeals.blogspot.com/2005/09/ebay-concerns-and-helpful-hints.html

eBay Feedback: What does it mean?: http://pursedeals.blogspot.com/2005/10/ebay-feedback-what-does-it-mean.html

But I want to put together something that addresses much more, as well as a guide for people who want to sell their fashions (How much it costs, the best way to list, etc.).

So, if you all can post your most burning questions or pet peeves, it would help me make my guide more comprehensive.

I'll start:
    My pet peeves
    1) Auctions that start super-low but have high reserve prices
    It's so misleading, and most of the time the auction doesn't reach the reserve price and I wasted my time bidding and pining over an item that doesn't even get sold. I wish sellers would start their auctions somewhat near their reserve. And if I had my way - reserve auctions would go away all together.

2) Sellers who don't answer questions
    Nothing screams unreliable like a seller who doesn't take the time to answer your questions. This alone is enough to make me avoid every single one of their listings.

3) Overcharging for shipping
    A slight "handling" fee to cover packing materials and other expensives is fine. But when it starts costing more than $15 to ship a bag, then I know the seller is padding the cost to increase the profit, and is circumventing fees. If it's over $25 to ship domestically, I report the listing to eBay for fee circumvention.

Now that I've vented, what about you?

2. Everything you stated and there should be a crack down on the word "authentic" if sellers were booted for selling fakes it would be a help. But that would take employees to go thru or approve listings...too costly for ebay....I just stay away.

3. My pet peeves would be -

people whose email addresses are wrong or their mailboxes are constantly full/inaccessable !!

no phone numbers (??! what are you hiding from!?)

people who don't pay.. GRRR !!!

Of course I'm a seller more than a buyer so I guess I look at this from a different point. No worries though, I don't particiate in any of 1, 2, or 3 of the above list !

4. I think my biggest pet peeve on e-bay would probably be “non-responding sellers” too. That just sucks big time! Whenever I have some questions, and the seller has not responded to me...I usually don’t bid. But of course I do give them proper time allowance on when they should reply. hehe

5. Knock-offs bags on eBay is serious problem. For the big designer (Vuitton, Dior, Fendi) - the vast majority of bags are fake.

eBay is surprisingly lax on such a serious crime, but that is because they make so much money off of it. A fake bags pays just as much in listing fees as a real one. Unfortunately, it is the consumer's responsibility to educate themselves well enough to know the difference between a real and fake listing. And that shouldn't be the case.

I have spoken to many buyers who were swindled by a fake bag and just accepted a refund without reporting the seller. If you make sure that only bid on auctions that have Paypal Buyer Protection (the majority do), then you can get your money back. But I also think as a handbag lover you should report the seller to eBay so that they won't fool others again. After a certain number of reports, a seller account will be suspended.

In the light of this statement, I still hope people aren't discouraged from eBay. I know all about the dark side of eBay but I still love it and strongly support. But I stay away from designers that are counterfeited.

6. I am so mad with ebay right now. I won the bid on a bag and suddenly the seller was listed as no longer being a member of ebay. I paid for the bag with Pay Pal and still haven't rec'd it or heard from the seller. That just grates on me; I reported the incident to Pay Pal. I wish there was some way they could get rid of the fake bags sellers; it's just disgusting. Right now I don't even want to go on ebay again. :mad:

7. Wow! that is really aggravating!:sad: I never bought a bag on E-bay, but I love to look at the authentic ones for reference!

8. Ginger, did you pay for the item via Credit Card w/Paypal?

If so, you can contact your credit card company and reverse the charge. Paypal will have to deal with it then.

Best of luck.

10. To report a listing for fee circumvention, obtain the item number of the listing and use the following link:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html
    (Click on the Additional Information to expand and use the report link)

To report a counterfeit auction, obtain the item number of the listing and use this link:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

I just reported this hideous Botkier replica:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Botkier-Luxe-Trigger-Bag-PINK-Medium-HOT_W0QQitemZ6831205189QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The same seller also sold some terrible Chloe fakes.

11. Thanks!

12. Hi, I'm new to this site but I love it! So many fabulous handbag discussions. I'm actually an avid eBayer - I sell bags from my collection on eBay and buy more (I'm a bit of a flake about bags!). But one of the new problems I'm finding out about as a seller are people who will buy authentic bags (such as LV), then report the bags as fakes and return fake bags for full refunds to unsuspecting sellers. It's a really nasty thing to do. So the fake bag market is hurting both buyers and sellers.

13. I am so mad with ebay right now. I won the bid on a bag and suddenly the seller was listed as no longer being a member of ebay. I paid for the bag with Pay Pal and still haven't rec'd it or heard from the seller. That just grates on me; I reported the incident to Pay Pal. I wish there was some way they could get rid of the fake bags sellers; it's just disgusting. Right now I don't even want to go on ebay again. :mad:

Did you file A paypal clain to get the paypal refund yet? They have to show tricking to you or paypal will refund you in full.

14. Since you paid with Paypal, you should be able to get your money back.

Go to "My eBay" in "Items I've Won". Go to the "Action" column for the item you ordered and choose "Report an Item Not Received."

If you haven't gotten your item, it should be pretty easy to get your money back. If you have any issues, please PM me.

15. Also if you can't get a pay pal refund, if you have a credit card attached to your account you can still get your money back. I know visa and mastercard both have fraud protection.

I hope you get your money back!