What Are You Reading?

1. With summer right around the corner I want to purchase some good books to read so I can relax outside my spacious patio under the shade tree with a nice cold glass of lemonade.

So I want to know what you all are reading or what book would you suggest? I'm open to all categories including fiction and non-fiction. Maybe a new author wouldn't hurt either.

P.S. Does anyone ever thought of starting a Book Club forum? Just a suggestion. I know there are a lot of avid readers here. Books are my passon.
  2. uh... im stuck in textbook hell... currently reading "Case Studies in Biomedical Research Ethics"

wooooo hooooo :dothewave:
  3. Before this gets going too far...I know there's a thread like this already started...with SOOO many cool book choices...I'd hate for those to 'go to waste'. I'll see if I can find it.
  4. WOW! 'The Count of Monte Cristo' with it's 1200 pages is interesting enough. I'm going to check it out. That book should last me throughout the summer. As much as I love to read I might finish it in two or three weeks.
  5. I know how you feel. I had to take Physics and it was a headache.
  6. Stephen King recommended this woman Meg Gardiner in an issue of Entertainment Weekly about a month ago. Since then I've been trying to get my hands on all of her books. I've read 4 so far. They are very good and move fast !!! She's got a wacky sense of humor too !

She is from California but lives in England now so her books are published there. I've been getting mine on e bay. I think though that since SK mentioned her, her books are really starting to sell and Amazon.com has them now !:yes:
  7. ^^I think that it's OK to ask again. That last thread was from 2 months ago. Now you have some additional ideas !:yes:
  8. Yes, thanks for inserting that thread. I'll look over the list as well. Looks like a great list.

MsBurberry- I'm glad you find "The Count of Monte Cristo" interesting. The book is very capitvating... I know I'll be disappointed when it ends.. it's that good. Also, it's rare to find a book reviewed by so many and with a 5-star rating.
  9. I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl", which was a gift form someone on TPF. While it is considered fiction, since the author took liberties with facts, I truly enjoyed it! I'm a stickler for historical accuracy, but this book is a good read. It got me started on Tudor history and now I'm reading "Mary, Queen of Scotland and the Isles" by Margaret George.
  10. LOL since coming on TPF, I haven't read a book would you believe!
  11. right now, i'm reading glamous UK april 07 :p
    but i'm finishing my books about the young hitler, a history about hitler's movement.
    and just finished reading shopaholic and baby which was hilarious ancd contradictive with my hitler reading ;)
  12. On the subway, I'm reading The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown.

In bed, I'm reading The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz.

I read fast, so I like the idea of having a Subway Book and an Apartment Book. That way, there's less of a chance of me finishing a book and being stuck without anything to read. That's bad in general, but especially on the subway. If I'm not distracted by a book, then I get paranoid that other people are staring at me, or I'm staring at other people.