What are you going to wear this New Year's Eve?

button

O.G.
Aug 10, 2006
I am going to a party this coming New Year'eve. It is a private party in a hotel for about 150 guests. I want something chic and elegant but not too formal as it is not a ball. Please share your ideas here. :heart:

It seriously depends on the crowd. Last year I went to NYE party and felt too under-dressed for the fashion forward crowd. Hoping that we don't party with the same crowd I think I'm going to wear a short black dress for NYE this year.

button, I don't think the dress is too formal. I like it but I'm not sure if it's glam enough for NYE. But like I said, it depends on the crowd

I like that dress! I almost bought the blue/green version awhile back. (Bought the top instead.)

It's not really glam. It's more "beachy." I think it fits your description somewhat, it being chic but not formal.

I agree with b00mbaka, it totally depends on the crowd. But if you have the right attitude, you can pull anything off, despite the crowd.

Have fun!

I think that it is always better to be over dressed rather than under dressed. New Years Eve is the best because usually there will always be people super dressed up and you can get away with anything!

I'm going to a private party at a bar/club this year...

I'm wearing a gray trapeze dress with pointy silver leather pumps, an oversized silver leather clutch and lots of sparkly diamond/cz jewelry.

I have no idea what I'm doing yet...It'll probably just be a private house party (like all NYE's!), I'll probably wear;

Vintage purple silk dress, bow under the bust, about mid thigh length
Thick cream tights
Patent black high stilletoes with silver heel
Patent black clutch