What are some of the craziest/silliest beauty treatments you've ever considered?

Alcohol can kill bacteria. I thought that if I wiped my face with alcohol swipes, the bacteria would die. I did try it, and it dried the hell out of my skin. But I did use a huge load of moisturizer after that though.

I've used Sun-In on my naturally dark hair.
I used to get my black hair bleached blonde every 7 weeks. It was a nightmare to upkeep, my hair was constantly fried and the colour didn't go with my complexion but I thought it looked hot. I kept it that way for 3 years.
I have used kool-aid to dye my hair.
I have used egg white as a face masque - it's great for tightening pores!
Vaseline instead of clear mascara is not cool, especially when you wear contacts.
I once left a depilatory on my legs for too long because it wasn't working. (I have fine hair.) It burned the skin on my knees.
Now, I have heard about eyelash implants, a new procedure plastic surgeons are trying on people who have had their eyelashes burned off in fires or something. I am seriously considering it when it gets cheaper.

Hmm, I don't know. Putting egg on my face and legs, honey in my hair and on my face and body, yogurt too maybe. (but all that was really good!)

Avocado in my hair, got little pieces stuck inside and my hair-dresser had to wash it the next day for me :P (will never do that again)

Was going to try mayo in my hair but not after reading this thread!

Ha ha ha, these are all such funny stories. I knew I couldn't be alone.

And I so remember SunIn. If that stuff had been found in Iraq, it could have been classed as a weapon of mass destruction!

I've done a few. I used to mix baby oil with iodine and smear it all over myself and then bake in the sun for hours.

I also used to use a product called "Mane and Tail" on my hair every night b/c the rumor going around about 15 years ago was that it made your hair grow faster. I think the product was actually meant for horses, but you could buy it at the drugstore. Anyway, it didn't work for me.

I also tried without success to put scotch tape on the frown lines between my eyes. I thought if I slept with it on the lines would smooth out overnight.

I remember as a kid tearing up a brown paper bag and using it as twisties or swatches to curl my hair:confused1:. I was told by my mom that it won't damage your hair like regular rollers:nuts:.

Speaking of rollers - remember the pink rollers that had little "teeth " on them that came with a cover? Once you pulled those out of you hair along came a few dozen strands with it:nogood:.

ahh! I remember the sun in from 1983..Yep I had orange hair.
Mayo in the hair does not rinse out easy.Been there done that.
And once in awhile I still use flat beer on my hair. I guess its from growing up in an era where they had a shampoo called "Body on Tap"
I do the Aspirin mask still. I love it!

Baby oil to sunbathe in circa age 14. Big mistake. Check out my profile pic for my skin tone.

Sun-In. Enough said.

A friend of mine tried a hair masque of some sort when we were 13-14 or so and it ended up being a paper mache from hell on her head...she actually had to miss a couple days of school to get it all combed out.

Mayonnaise as a hair masque. Bad idea.

ahh! I remember the sun in from 1983..Yep I had orange hair.
Mayo in the hair does not rinse out easy.Been there done that.
And once in awhile I still use flat beer on my hair. I guess its from growing up in an era where they had a shampoo called "Body on Tap"
I do the Aspirin mask still. I love it!

dumb question im sure but what is an Asprin mask? What does it do for you? how do you make it? Listen to me, LoL im interested, hehe