What are reputation points?

1. I just noticed that we are collecting them..how do you get them..what are they for?

northernbelle33 and coco-nut like this.
  2. Oh ok, good I thought I was either seeing things or IE was stuffed up for me all this time (now using Firefox). I just posted about it on the site feedback. I think you click on the scales to award someone rep points.

jag likes this.
  3. Great idea :biggrin:!

addicted likes this.
  4. why?

IntlSet likes this.
  5. Clinken, I'm going to give you an "I approve." Tell me what it does!

lmpsola, jag and Sanguar like this.
  6. on other boards i've been on, you get more/different colored green squares under your name. i think it's like five clicks and you get another square or something. it just lets people know that other people think they are helpful/have good advice.

7. Reputation can be given to posters who contribute something of value to the community. Similarly, negative rep can be given to a member if you don't like how he/she behaved. The member doesn't know who the reputation comes from, so it's anonymous (unless you sign, of course).

Just a fun feature that I enabled, I figured it would keep you guys occupied. :lol: ;)

ayla and Sanguar like this.
  8. I can see this being abused...

9. How is that? You can't bomb someone with rep, there are limits set.

edsbgrl likes this.
  10. haha I've been running around giving everyone points... it HAS kept me occupied, you're right, Vlad!

11. I'm not sure if I like the idea myself ! It might cause some members to become paranoid.

jag and texaschic231 like this.
  12. 1. You can only give a certain amout of reputation each day.
    2. You must give X amount of rep to other posters before you can hit the same person again.
    3. You must have a certain amount of posts for your hit to count.

13. *positive* to Vlad for the idea!!

Cristina, jag, IntlSet and 1 other person like this.
  14. Good rules!

I like this.

coco-nut, angelica and texaschic231 like this.
  15. Obviously, if our members will speak out against it, I can turn it off with one click of a button. I know that tFS uses the rep system and have been for a long time, I don't think that it's caused issues over there.

addicted and angelica like this.