What are everyone's thoughts on the Baby Cabas

BagLover21

NYC
O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
Hey ladies,

I am enjoying the process of building my Chanel collection. I have a Black Jumbo Classic Caviar with Silver HW, a Black Cerf Tote with Silver hardware, and sunglasses and jewelry.

I'm planning to buy the Jumbo Classic in White later in the Spring, and I'm looking for a larger, slouchier bag to add to the collection. The pics I've seen of the Baby Cabas have interested me, and I'd love to get your thoughts on it.

Love/Hate/Too trendy???

i love mine. it's nice to have a combo of both structured and slouchy. the makeup bag it comes with helps keep organized, too. but you might have a hard time finding one, i got my during saks EGC and it was the LAST one.

i :heart: mine too ~ it is a fab every day bag ~ i do find the caviar leather a bit hard but i am told it will soften in time ~ try NM ~ they located one for me only last month ~ good luck ~ :flowers:

I love slouchy bags, and I love big bags so this really is the perfect bag, IMO. I absolutely adore mine! The leather is really easy to care for, and you don't have to baby it too much (as compared to lambskin or soft calfskin) and it's the bag I grab the most. Love it, love it, love it! Only time will tell, but I think it is a Chanel classic! They are getting very scarce so I would suggest that if you are interested at all and you see one, GET IT!

I'm actually using mine today ... love this bag as well, especially how durable it is. I saw a spot on mine last night and it just wiped off so easily. Definitely worth having in your collection if you're able to find one!

I'm looking for a larger, slouchier bag to add to the collection. The pics I've seen of the Baby Cabas have interested me, and I'd love to get your thoughts on it.

Love/Hate/Too trendy???

I think the Baby Cabas depends on the color that you get... I had a bronze/khaki and the leather was a bit stiff--something that others on the forum have commented on. Because of that, I just couldn't see it working for me. The bag didn't slouch enough and was a bit more "poufy" than what I had hoped for. However, I've heard that the leather on the black Baby Cabas is much more supple and soft so that it slouches a bit more. My other complaint was that I didn't like the larger opening of the bag with just the magnetic closure.

I recently bought a large Soft & Chain hobo which slouches and has a much smaller opening. It's the perfect slouchy bag for me--but it's definitelly not as big as the Cabas... Hope that helps!

wickedassin,

your posting was awesome!!! thanks so much!!! i think i'm leaning against the bag after doing some thinking.

what colors do the soft and chain come in? how much is that one?