What about this blue Gucci "clutch?"

1. A friend gave me this Gucci "clutch" -- is it even a clutch? A wallet? -- belonging to her late aunt. Any idea how old it is? Is this pebbled leather or is it an exotic skin? Not sure how to research it because I don't even know what to call it.

Dimensions: 7 inches wide, 4 1/2 inches high. It's a really nice deep blue color. It opens and closes with the narrow blue bar coming down over the top.

I searched for markings, but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Sorry, I failed in uploading the photos. Trying again...

6.jpg 1.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  3. That is a gorgeous - what should I call it? I guess it's more a clutch than a wallet. It's definitely vintage, intresting since I was at a bookstore last weekend and found out they had Gucci by Gucci (the book) with many un-released photos (not available to the public) from their archives. It was really interesting looking through Gucci's past and what the stores were like back then... Though the book was around $154 US. I found out the closure at the back of my cruise 2008 dress was the same as the one on a belt Audrey Hepburn wore!

As for your clutch, I'm not exactly sure (I'm unfamiliar with vintage), I do remember seeing that logo with the rounded Gs in the book though I forgot the time during which they used it! The interior is leather, I'm not sure when Gucci stopped using leather interiors in their bags, but it seems that only their vintage bags have leather interiors. Some of the 1970s bags have the script logo inside them so my guess would be 1970s, though don't trust me on this, I could be completely wrong! The Tom Ford era bags I've seen have the more modern font similar to the one used today. It says in the book that the script logo was introduced in the 1940s and the double G in the 60s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the leather looks like lizard to me.

4. Thanks, GucciAbbey --

1970's sounds reasonable, since my friend's Aunt was nearly 90 when she died and the clutch was probably sitting in her closet for many years. Could have been since the 1960's, too. Oh, by the way, if you click on the photos, they zoom up much larger. (A friend loaded them for me).

Thanks for the lead, too, about "Gucci by Gucci." I'll look for it at a bookstore. Would you USE the clutch if it were yours? Or hold it for value purposes? If it's not all that rare, then I'm thinking I might as well have fun with it.

5. You're welcome. If I had the clutch, I probably would use it, but very rarely. I'm assuming it should be quite rare because of all the vintages I've seen online, I've never seen this one before. The 60's and 70's was, should I say the 'golden age' of Gucci's history, when people like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Jackie O were seen everywhere using their bags and wearing their clothes. It must be a great feeling to own something that no one else has! If I could buy the clutch I'd think of it more of a collector's item, but if you want to use it, go ahead!

6. Although I dont have too much info on vintage stuff, its def. beautiful!

:heart: