What a tragic story...

I doubt they can repair the tear but the can replace the entire flap, couldn't they? :shrugs:

Okay, so I guess it is a fake, considering what people have said. But anyway, to answer your question :P , replacing the entire flap (let's pretend this is a REAL bag) is pretty hopeless and expensive. You're better off just buying a new one.

It's a scam. I bought this exact bag from elux and it came in a hard box with the dustbag. It would have been impossible to cut through 2 boxes through to the bag. IMPOSSIBLE! Plus, if it was legit, he would have called elux and sent it back for an exchange if it was elux' fault and not in the box.

Just looked at the ad and the seller has answered a question someone posted:
Q: this bag is now a thread on the shoes, purses and accessories board. we all feel your pain. I was wondering though, if bag was out of the lv box isn't exlux at fault? can you possibly get your money back, it's just so tragic, I feel so bad picturing it. Wendy

A: no they said the shipping box might have been too big and its happened before but due to it being lv they cant.also i need to state the dust bag is from my daughters lv.the 1 that came with the bag was cut into a little because it was partially in the way.as it worked itself out of everything...also e luxery is great it was my own fault.

Frequently, I find my bags 'wiggling" out of their LV box, then out of their dustbags and then past the air pillow inserts. Damn that's one talented bag she's got there. :roflmfao:

This would almost be funny were someone not going to buy this fake and then truck it over to their local LV for repairs.

That's highly impossible, improbable.

At work I unpack boxes and boxes from our company and seriously I knife the side of them and NEVER hurt any of the product. No one just puts in the stuff without an extra box or something.

I was just at LV getting my cardholder heat stamped and they put it into an envelope and then a bigger bag.

Com'on.

OMG that is so tragic...I think they're probably going to bring it into for repairs?? but it shouldn't cost as much as another one..I don't think it's a scam the bag looks real to me..OK I don't even get it anymore it looks real...but they seem sooo very suspcious