What 10lbs

1. Hi everyone so i need some comforting i had my 28 week check up today with the Dieb Test..And when i nurse weighted me she said i gain 10lbs in one month..What the Hell i don't believe it..I don't eat a lot and i'm such a health freak all i eat is chicken and salads some sweets but not more then i would usual eat..I can't understand were it came from..In total i gained 28lbs so far and i still have 11 weeks i'm freaking out LOL..At the last appt i gain only 2lbs and was only at 18lbs total..I can't believe the big jump i think the nurse made a mistake LOL...:crybaby:

2. Don't feel bad, between my November appt to my Dec appt- the Dr said to take it easy since I've gained 11 pounds over a 6-7 week period. I too couldn't believe it! But this is my 2nd pregnancy and considering with my son I blew up and gained a whopping 70 lbs with him, I think this total weight gain of about 20 lbs was a drop in the bucket.

They say that you're to gain a pound a week here on out, so it won't be so bad. Just think of it for your baby and it will make it a little easier to deal with:yes:

3. I know i should think it's for the baby and not worry I just don't know where it came from..My doctor didn't say anything to take it easy or i'm gaining to much she said it's ok i just can't believe it i can handle like 4-5lbs but 10lbs 1 month..This is my second child and it is a boy so maybe thats it with my daughter i only gained 32lbs total..But who knows sometime you gain and sometime you lose so maybe next appt i will lose you never know i'm not going to let it get to me..

4. Maybe it was a lot of fluid retention? I'm getting worried about it for myself too, but I'm figuring, honestly, there's not much I can do about it. I'm just a tiny bit ahead of you, literally like 5 days, and I have been starving all week this week. I'm going to try to eat more protein (which is unfortunately the one thing that I don't feel like eating most of the time), since I know that helps me not feel as hungry. Hoping it won't be like this the rest of the time....

5. Don't worry too much! :nogood: I am 32 weeks pregnant and I have only gained 16lbs.
    At 146 lbs, my bf thinks I'm underweight, I consulted my doctor, and if you're normal (average weight for your height) you should gain 25-35 lbs for a healthy baby. 40-50 lbs if you're under weight, and if you're over weight, you should gain 15-20 lbs. In the third trimester you're assumed to gain half a pound to a pound a week. It all seems like a lot. Most of it is amniotic fluid, the placenta, extra blood weight and production, the baby, your uterus, breasts. Don't fret! The amount of weight you gain has nothing to do with the weight of your baby. But the food you eat does. :yes:
    I hope I helped a tiny bit!

6. i can totally relate! i'm now at my 27weeks (about 2-3 days behind u) and i've already gained 25pounds. last month i gained 9 pounds and this month 6.5 pounds to date (note i still have 2 more weeks to complete the month :cry:smile: :sad:. today i started to surf pregnancy website trying to console myself i'm still within my range but i'm still sad anyhow if the truth be told. i seriously think i'll end up gaining 35-40 pounds conservatively or more :sos: when i'm due!! p.s. this is my 1st pregnancy.

7. I believe that every woman is meant to hit a certain weight, they each have their own individual weight that will be their healthy weight to have a child at. Do you know what I mean? Don't feel bad. My last 2 pregnancies, I gained 50 lbs each time, and I wasn't eating bad foods. I hit the same exact number at the end of each pregnancy and after having my baby the weight just went away on its own, pretty easily. Don't worry!

8. Thanks i know what you mean and i think your right!!

9. Don't worry about it. I did the same thing around my 20 week visit, except mine was 11 pounds!! My doctor freaked. But here I am at 31 weeks and have only gained a total of 21 pounds. Since that huge weight jump, I have yet to have another spike like that. I don't think the recommended "1 pound/week" thing really works for anyone. Sometimes people gain 10 pounds in a month and then maybe gain 1/2 pound in a month. Your body knows what it's doing. And besides, last month was Christmas... there was sweets everywhere. You've only gained a total of 18 pounds which, like my total, is right around where we should be.

10. You shouldn't be letting yourself get hungry. When you are hungry your baby is hungry. Your blood sugar gets messed up which affects the baby.
    My doctor told me it puts your baby at risk for diabetes.
    Just eat healthy, you are supposed to put on weight.

11. You shouldn't be letting yourself get hungry. When you are hungry your baby is hungry. Your blood sugar gets messed up which affects the baby.
    My doctor told me it puts your baby at risk for diabetes.
    Just eat healthy, you are supposed to put on weight. :heart: