West Nile virus im freaking out!!!

1. Ok I just started yesterday to get flu like symptoms. Fever, soar throat, stuffy nose, weak etc...

I also noticed I have a HUGE mosquito bite on my arm. I am terrafied I might have west nile. Im to afraid to look up the syptoms right now. Oh god I hope I don't have it.:sad:

2. Go to the doctor...but I really doubt you have west nile...

3. This site says the following:
    "In last year's outbreak, most people who were infected with the West Nile virus had no symptoms or experienced mild illness with fever, headache and body aches before fully recovering. In outbreaks in other parts of the world, some persons also developed a mild rash or swollen lymph glands."
    (http://www.westnilefever.com/west_nile_virus_symptoms.htm)

Doesn't sound like you have it. If you're still worried, go see a doctor.

The CDC says: "
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]It is estimated that about 20% of people who become infected with WNV will develop West Nile fever. Symptoms include fever, headache, tiredness, and body aches, occasionally with a skin rash (on the trunk of the body) and swollen lymph glands. While the illness can be as short as a few days, even healthy people have reported being sick for several weeks."
    (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/qa/symptoms.htm)
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

4. The chances of you having West Nile are HIGHLY unlikely, the stats are really unbelievable.

Get it checked out if you don't feel better in a couple days.

5. Oy. I'm not the person to ask. I'm convinced that I have everything or HAD everything...it's hard for me to think it's a headache and not a brain tumor. DON'T google it. Just sit tight and call the doctor. I really don't think you have West Nile...honest. It's probably a MAJOR coincidence - but to make you feel better, please please go get it checked. Then you won't dissolve into an anxiety attack as I would do...:wtf:

6. Go get tested! My aunt thoght the same thing and the doctor performed blood tests for it.

7. Not sure where you are, but there's definitely a summer cold going around here in the Bay area. It's most likely that. As wordbox says, in most cases you won't get it (4 out of 5 people who get the virus have no symptoms, only 1% of people get anything serious), and if you do, it's likely mild. But if it will make you feel better, call your doctor to see if they can test you for the antibodies. Personally, I'd give it a few days to a week to see if it goes away.

8. I thought I had it a summer ago, I had a mosquito bite...then got an intense headache and sensitivity to light, then a horrible fever around 104.

I had meningitis (viral) I kept trying to tell the doctors at the emergency room that I had West Nile Virus, but they laughed. I was horribly ill for 2 weeks, it was just awful. I still think it was from the mosquito bite. I thought I was dying.

9. Call your Dr. Better to be safe. Go make a call, get some blood work done, and figure out what it is :yes:

10. Don't jump to conclusion or assume the worst, you'll just freak yourself at more. Get yourself to a doctor and they'll be able to figure out what you have.

Good luck and Get Better Soon!