Went to the Chanel Pre-Fall/Fall 2007 Trunk Show!!

Thanks,

I actually spoke to Brendan at Chanel this week and according to him the leather of the new Modern Chain tote is shiny calfskin leather. I thought maybe there was a Modern Chain coming out in caviar as well ...

Hard to choose one over the other. I think the new MC is caviar leather so it does have a little shine to it compared to the original one. I guess it is a matter of preference. If I had to choose one, I would probably pick the original version (Is it calf skin?) only because I have other bags in caviar already. The inside lining was silver leather. Pretty nice, I really liked it. Hope that helped. :smile:

Thanks,

I actually spoke to Brendan at Chanel this week and according to him the leather of the new Modern Chain tote is shiny calfskin leather. I thought maybe there was a Modern Chain coming out in caviar as well ...

Thanks for the update, luv4bags! I wasn't sure what type of leather it was. It is definitely shinier than the original. So cool... a shiney calfskin! :drool:

Thanks so much for the report! Was the modern chain about the same weight as the original or a little lighter with the new lining? I am so anxious to see that one!

Hey Rockerchic! The MC was still pretty heavy. I would say about the same weight as the original MC. Brendan is saying it is a shiney calfskin leather, not caviar. It is gorgeous!:love:

Thanks for the report, Lainey! :biggrin:

Are there any more reds for this season? (preferably a bright red)

Hey there evychew! No red bags at the trunk show. Although, I didn't get to check out the lookbook closely for the different colors the bags will come in. So there may be a red. They did have a burgundy bag. Guess we'll have to wait and see...