Went to my first Gay Pride Parade!

1. Well, I just wanted to share my excitement yesterday at gay pride in NYC!! Did anyone else go? It was some of the most fun I've ever had. Although the gay pride parade does show a lot of the extremes of the LGBTQ culture, it was a blast. To see all of the gay people there, and to see them hugging and kissing and holding hands, knowing they were supported by the thousands of people around them was just great!!

I, myself, don't identify as gay, however my girlfriend identifies as a lesbian. It's a long topic to go into, so I won't get into it, but it was great supporting her there. I don't want to make this a political discussion on gay people so I won't go into depth on this. =)

There was the occasional ignorant person that drove buy saying very rude things about gay people, but what can you do, that's life. So, YEA it was wonderful, and I urge every openminded person who wants to experience something wonderful to go!! It was the best feeling I've had in a while being there.

Once again, I don't want this to turn into a pro gay/anti gay discussion, so keep nasty comments to yourself =X

2. I've heard the Pride days here in W. H'wood are a blast too. We keep meaning to go but always miss it and hear about it after the fact.

3. I was walking around NYC yesterday and bumped into the parade. I felt so overdressed. LOL Lots of eye candy though.

4. Glad that you had a great time!! They really do look like a lot of fun :smile:

5. The San Francisco parade was yesterday. It has gotten to be a madhouse over the years, so I usually don't go anymore. But I support it in spirit! Glad you had fun.

6. Glad you had a good day and enjoyed yourself.

7. yep, these parades are some of the most nice natured, colourful and fun events you can hope to find.

Glad you had a great time :biggrin:

8. Yes I used to go when I lived in NYC, they were a blast, and you'd be surprised who you bump into out there;)

9. yeah, i had no idea the parade was on and then these girls from long island were taking pics on the subway with huge rainbow flags - looked like they were having a great time!

i did bump into the parade while walking around the city - (trying to cross around it, as usual, there's always a roadblock somewhere!) - and everyone seemed to be having a blast.

10. funny you say that, i would have been walking through there cuz it just so happened i met up with a friend in the city on saturday night. i had to leave early to be at work by 2pm, but my friend was walking down 5th avenue right in the middle of it all. lol he was telling me all about it. wish i was there ;)

11. I really want to go to Toronto Pride next year.

(I'm a straight woman who loves gay men.

What I love about Pride is the fact that the gay community can take the week to celebrate themselves and their community.)

Go to Yahoo! photos and find the flip book about Pride. (I almost wanted to post them, but there were too many. I'll wait until I go next year and actually take pictures. It would be more exciting to post those.)

12. I love the NYC gay pride parade and have been many years ago w/ my BIL who is gay. It's great fun!

13. Yay, gay people make me so happy =D. There was this one guy, that my girlfriend has been seeing for the past few years that carries a stonewall survivor sign and she gets his pic every year. it makes me so happy that more and more people are gay friendly nowadays. =-)

The only bad part was that I needed to take the path train back to hoboken and we walked for about 2 and half to 3 hours because the one on Christopher street was closed down and also the one on 9th and 6th!!! And it's impossible to get to the other side of the block during the parade. I got a workout though hehe. Next year I'm getting a hotel!!