Went to LV today....VERY LONG POST!

1. Two weeks ago, I made an impulse buy - Mono Riveting. I fell in love w/ the bag when I saw it IRL and happily took it home and removed myself from the Dentelle Speedy waitlist. After 2 wks. of vacillating, I decided to return the Mono Riveting. Although I loved the bag, I was too afraid of the vachetta and the Dentelle Speedy was still in the back of my mind, wondering if I had made a mistake.

I walked into LV and there they had on display, the Dentelle Speedy in Silver and BH in Gold. I was on the list for the Gold Speedy as I thought the Gold embroidery will look best with the gold hardware. However, after seeing the BH in Gold, I quickly changed my mind.

First of all, the gold hardware is NOT like the bright gold that is on the mono and damier hardware, it is more of an orange gold, similar to 14k and 24K in jewelry if one was to compare, KWIM? The gold embroidery is in the brighter gold, which IMO did not complement the hardware at all...

The Dentelle Speedy in Silver, to my surprise was TDF! And I don't like silver at all. The treated vachetta was oh so beautiful, wish all the vachetta was like that. I can't explain, but the Silver embroidery was a beautiful contrast to the treated leather and orangy gold hardware.

To my surprise, the Dentelle was beautiful but was not for me. Even the SAs did not care much for it. They received new shipment of the Riveting today and sold out in the black and mono. They could not believe I was returning my bag. When I took my bag out to admire her, all the women there flocked all around me:shame: .

So, after finally seeing the Dentelle Speedy IRL, I was able to make a decision.... I KEPT MY MONO RIVETING... YES, I am one of those who had to go all the way back to the boutique to realize that I did not want to part with it!!!

I finally took her out of the bag and transferred all my goodies in it!!!

P.S. On display is also the Mini Lin in Dune - not my favorite, still looovve it in Ebene. They had the new epi bowler in Ivory - that looked better IRL -- VERY elegant....

2. What a great story!! I'm glad you decided to keep her. I bet you both look stunning together!

3. Isn't it funny how things work out that way?? Like that saying you don't know what you've got until it's (almost) gone!! ;)

4. I am so happy you decided to keep your Riveting! I was nervous reading your post, couldn't believe you returned it! I love mine and I find reasons to use it everyday!

5. Great Choice!!

6. Happy ending to an almost tragic story. I glad you kept the Rivet.

7. glad you kept the Rivet. Don't like the Dentelle line (yet).

8. Quite the story! Glad your bag is back home with you :smile:

9. I didn't think the story would go well, but I'm glad everything worked out for you! It's a gorgeous bag!

10. I'm glad that you were able to come to a decision! Sometimes, it takes the very last minute!

11. Great story. I'm glad you kept the riveting...at lest now you'll never have any doubts in your mind that you did the right thing.

12. I would have done the same thing. You have a beautiful bag. Congrats!

13. yay. the mono riveting is tdf. glad you kept her.

14. You kept it!!! I also went today and I had to let it go... I WANT IT BACK though!! haha! My I got the Mini Lin Ebene w/ Pastilles Keychain and Damier wallet!!!

I kinda miss my riveting!

15. Happy you decided to keep your Riveting- you made the rght choice!