Went to Barneys...And...New Rabbit...

1. Conducted a b-bag "inspection" at Barneys BH yesterday. Their F06 stock was relatively light (most colors were available in first style...including rouge as of Thursday morning). The city was available in cement and black (these had to be pulled from the "back"). The black leather for F06 is a bit different than the leather used in F05 (just different really...a bit thicker, softer...but I am just as thrilled with my F05 black city...no need to replace her).

I have now heard from multiple Barneys BH SAs that city bags should be pre-ordered if one wants to guarantee availability in summer/early fall as not many are reaching the floor and those that do are sold almost immediately. (Perhaps more will appear on the floor after early frenzy for F06 bags dies down in LA?)

BBH had a grenat day bag on display, but I did not like it as much the grenat day they sent me previously (one on display seemed to have more of the shiny, crackle texture...my preference is for the matte leather).

My "critique"...the leather on all first bags I have seen to date is nice (What is it about the leather on the small bags? Too bad the bag is too small for me...)

The leather on the day bags varies...sometimes more matte...sometimes a more shiny, crackle texture (the truffe I returned to NM, a blueberry at NM, the grenat at BBH)...

The leather on the work bags I have seen so far is nice (grenat work, sapin work, black work).

The cement city at Barneys had nice (for me soft, more matte) leather, but was too grey. I would love it if the color had just a bit more brown in it. Is was a very nice bag, but too light for me (would look great on others!).

A couple of the truffe bags at Barneys had soft, more matte leather, but others I have seen had more of the shiny, crackle texture.

I have not seen a matte blueberry bag yet...my weekender (yes, still mine as of this moment) is a bit more shiny, crispy than I prefer (gorgeous color, but I would so love the texture of the rouge...).

Given my preferred texture and tend toward darker colors, my favorites this season are rouge (loving the twiggy!), grenat (sometimes, but not always!), and sapin (every bag I have seen in this color was gorgeous!). And I do like my truffe city.

2. Ooh, that was a long start post...

So, my "new" dilemma...

I own and use a F05 black city, F06 rouge twiggy, and F06 truffe city. :flowers:

I plan to take my new F06 grenat day to China (tomorrow!). :yes:

I am still debating about my blueberry weekender...she seems quite bulky and impractical for airline travel when filled...but I can't quite "let her loose"... :crybaby:

Think I will return/exchange the grenat work... :huh:

Now introducing...sapin work! :love:

OMG! I must let one or two rabbits go...I think...

Also, I need help...work or city? I have always been a city girl and now find myself with a new twiggy, day, weekender, and two work bags... :wtf: Keep the work bag(s) or exchange for city bag(s) when they become available??? City and/or work girls... Does the work function as a larger city (I don't typically use the shoulder strap on the city anyway)? Is the work too big for a gal that generally likes the city?

Oh yeah...here is the sapin work! I have seen one in the city style too and loved her as well... City or work...city or work...city or work...

Sapin B-Bag 001.jpg Sapin B-Bag 002.jpg
  3. I have no advice. I thought you got a bunny rabbit and I really wanted to see pictures.:smile:

4. glad to hear that the leather for the F06 black city is ok cause i've ordered one from browns fashion 2 days ago via phone (so didn't actually saw it). after i ordered it, i read the post with 'disappointment w/ F06 leather' and i was getting anxious. i do hope it'd be alright and the tassels don't split so easily like the lilac i got in spring. anyhow, your info gave me a piece of mind. thanks SoCal :smile:

5. glad to hear that the leather for the F06 black city is ok cause i've ordered one from browns fashion 2 days ago via phone (so didn't actually saw it). after i ordered it, i read the post with 'disappointment w/ F06 leather' and i was getting anxious. i do hope it'd be alright and the tassels don't split so easily like the lilac i got in spring. anyhow, your info gave me a piece of mind. thanks SoCal :smile:

6. Saphin work is soo pretty... and I love how it looks soo soft and squishy. Work style is my favorite.

I got my Blueberry work yesterday and the leather wise, it is thick. But little bit shiny and you can feel it is more crispy. But definitely better than last season's leather.

Now I saw your saphin...I am debating whether I should exchange my blueberry to Saphin work....Ohh..and my fire engine red work will arrive today...yay,..,,:tender:

7. Chloe- congrats on your fire engine red work! :love: That is the hottest color! Please post pictures!!!:smile:

8. yes, will do..Cant wait to go home..hehe...The pics will not be up til next Monday since I will be off tonight to camp and water rafting trip..:graucho:

9. Have fun Chloe! Ok- I'll be patient till next week! :supacool:

10. Thanks for the Bbag report. I think the Sapin color and leather is very pretty. I just downsized my grenat Work to a grenat Purse style because (1) once I got the Truffe in the Purse style I loved the size and look and (2) the Work was just too big for me for an everyday bag (which is what I was after). I think the City or Purse is a perfect everyday bag so my vote would be for either of those. Have a great trip!

11. lol, me too lelgin-girl, i wanna see another bunny picture :hysteric: ...i do have some advice though, i think that sapin work is GORGEOUS & i really think you'll love the style :yes:...and if you're not sure about the blueberry weekender, i'd take her back (even though i :heart: my ink weekender & can't wait to take her packing ;))...best of luck with whatever you decide & have fun on your trip to china!!!

12. Chloe...I am so with you! I am loving the forest green and fire-engine-red... I have the same feeling about the blueberry...it is nice...I like the color...but...it is a bit more shiny/crispy than I like...what to do?

13. Just for you... :flowers:

[​IMG]

14. :p hehehe that made me giggle.

Sorry SoCal! I say keep them all but since that's not possible... :crybaby:

15. NO! I generally love the city, but recently gotten a work, and absolutely love it! I think of it as a larger city, but when it's not filled up, it slouches and look smaller just like the city (although this might be partially because the bag's used & worn in). I do not like how it looks so much when it's fully filled up though, I find it to be a little too bulky for me. Generally I carry the same amount that I carry in my city, only the work gives me more option in case I ever need to carry more. Plus I looove the slouch when it's not filled up :heart::love: