Welcome to Ban Island - Come join us and we shall frolic!

OK, here is the recipe.
1 oz pomegranate syrup (found in Middle Eastern grocery stores or you can make it)
1 oz fresh lemon juice
2 oz vodka

I make my own syrup based on an Alton Brown recipe I found on the Internet: 2 cups pomegranate juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and a splash of lemon juice. Cook until reduced by at least half. Cool before using. (You can also use it in salad dressing.) Here is the published recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pomegranate-syrup-or-molasses-recipe/index.html.

It is yum, yum, yum.

I'm struggling but I am banned.... I bought the speedy 30 in July and then the bleu infini pm alma in december... Followed by the Sarah rayures wallet in feb.... Then I bought my first expensive piece of jewelry from VCA a 5 motif bracelet!!! And soon I'll be buying something big from Tiffany's when I have time to get to the store (currently at home sick) I just graduated so I'm celebrating with jewelry! Although I really want the ombré artsy so... And also a pomme bb alma.. Let's see what I can do by my bday in July! There wont be a price increase by then right?

Help me be strong ladies!!
And good luck to all of you on your ban and savings plans !

Soon joining my tPF sisters at the Ban Island - after getting my Cartier Love bracelet and ONE more LV bag... After this it is time for me to join you :greengrin: I promise it's all, I really do...

tobefetching said:
How disturbing... I'm sitting here staring, drooling, wishing, day dreaming, imagining being on that beautiful beach, resting in the hammock, the sound of the waves crashing against the white sands, a soft breeze blowing through my hair... and I'm thinking "If only I could ever really take a vacation like that..." and then THWACK! It hits me in the face like a shovel, "If you took all the money that you've spent on bags in the last several months, you could have!"

How in the hell do you decide between gorgeous *items* that can be kept and actual *experiences* that are fleeting?! Sophie's Choice over here. I want it all!

I know this is not the place to make this statement, but Life experiences ARE more important than those gorgeous items. It's much better to go to paradise with an old LV than to stay home with a couple of brand new ones.

BagLady14 said:
I know this is not the place to make this statement, but Life experiences ARE more important than those gorgeous items. It's much better to go to paradise with an old LV than to stay home with a couple of brand new ones.

I agree with you! Sometimes it's hard to keep logic balanced... Because the trip is one big expense, whereas the bags seem smaller but then add up anyway. In retrospect things are always clearer. Lol.

Can you see yourself using it? Is there a bag in the future that you're waiting for - like the Empreinte Speedy for me. I was going to ask, "Do you REALLY need it?" But then I thought, "Who am I kidding? Most of us wouldn't be here on TPF if we REALLY needed LVs!"

I'm banned, dammit. I'm not buying it. I can do this! :sunnies

...maybe.... :graucho:

so true!! except i'm one of those strange people that would rather have the new lv than a vacation!!! i'm afraid of flying and the last vacation i went on in 1989(!!!!) i was so bored just sitting in the sun!!!:cool: so bring on the new lv for me instead!!!!:roflmfao:

I'm firmly planting my feet on ban island! I wasn't supposed to purchase the MC alma or the bleu lagoon zippy... supposed to be saving for a house! I'm pretty sure that means no LV for a few years :crybaby:

At least then they'll have a (hopefully) nicer closet for them to be stored in!

specme said:
I am NOT on a ban and looking forward to buying some new goodies if I like something when the fall bags come out . BUT I will sacrifice and go shopping and place myself on a ban just to enjoy the beautiful island with y'all !!!
It's a kid free island right ?:graucho:

I'm just lurking on Ban Island, enjoying the breeze, drink recipes, and beautiful pictures. Don't mind me- I'm with Specme.