Welcome Home SoCal!

Is she really back, or is she jonesing for our company from an internet cafe overseas??!! :graucho: I want her to be back and tell me how sick and tired she is of her chocolate Ramona! :sick:;):biggrin:

OMG! Thank you! That is so sweet. I had an amazing vacation. My husband and I flew into Naples, visited the Archelogical Museum, Pompeii, and Herculaneum...then spent 5 days on the Amalfi Coast...I highly recommend the San Pietro hotel in Positano for a romantic splurge. I had a bit of a "handbag fix" in Positano...I felt like I had been skiing with all the walking up and down the steep hills...but right as I neared the twist in the road by the beach I glimpsed a window full of Fendi spy bags...gold, silver, dark brown, black, wisteria, etc...the store carried some Prada and D & G...but I purchased a Fendi spy at SCP before my trip, so it was on to wine time...

One day, we took a boat to Capri...it was so gorgeous (the weather was amazing the whole time we were in Italy, mid 70s-80s during the day, cool enough for a light sweater in the evening)...well, we spent some time walking around Capri Towne and after a lovely glass of wine for lunch I strolled into a small boutique that carried Balenciaga and Chloe...again, a lovely handbag fix...they had an absolutely amazing rouille first...but I wanted a city...so they brought out a bouquet of city bags...ink, cornflower (the most amazing cornflower I have seen), gray, lilac, etc...well, I was infatuated with the rouille first, but I did not want a first...the SA tried very hard to convince me a rouille twiggy or work was "similar" to the city...but, no, I had to move on...more wine time...

Then, it was on to London...we spent 3 nights in London...had a nice time at the theatre and "toured" Harrods, Harvey Nicks, Selfridges, Koh Samui, every Jimmy Choo, etc. (So nice to end the trip in London, we have been through a few times, so no need to actually see the "sites".) Overall, the b-bag selection in London was limited. There were Chloe bags everywhere in great quantities. Edith, Betty, Paddy, Gladys everywhere, everywhere...but I was still fixated on that rouille city... I was strolling through Harrod's shoe department and saw the lime Ramona...I tried it on for kicks and DH loved it...so Ramona was put on hold...after having Harrod's take-out (sandwich, champagne, and chocolate) in the park for lunch, we strolled into Harvey Nicks...a rouille city was on display...but DH and I agreed, it was not a "great" bag...so back to Harrod's to pick up lime Ramona...

The next day we visited Koh Samui...saw some very interesting 2005 b-bags...I thought quite carefully about the F05 olive city (it was a really nice bag)...I wanted to love the F05 bordeaux city (but again, it was not a "great" leather)...too bad I did not want a first (magenta, apple green, sky blue, etc. available).

So, my souvenirs included a couple of hardcover picture books (my typical souvenir) and a lime green Ramona...(as well as 5 pounds eating well and wine/champagne time)...

Then, my life shifted dramtically...I returned to campus for final's week...I am still grading student papers (grades are due Friday)...

I started reading PF posts a few days ago...I could have stayed away, but noooooooo...I began to obsess about my next handbag purchase...I held back and purchased two pair of Sergio Rossi shoes instead (well, they were on sale)...but it was not enough...still thinking about the possibility of a gorgeous rouille city, I began dialing...1 NM, 2nd NM, 3rd NM, no rouille city bags, one SA tells me to call Bal NY...but I can't, I do not want store credit if the bag is not gorgeous...then I call a "local" NM and find one...then I call my "local" Barneys and find one...now, I will receive 2 rouille city bags this week...the sickness continues and I need to lose 10 pounds...

Well, I went to two gyms today, one for cardio and the second for pilates...I must work on the 10 pounds, I have a family wedding coming up and I take students to China in July...

To be continued, should receive rouille b-bags later in the week...

So, this is my life...DH (I adore him!)...work...handbags and shoes...travel (also booked a trip to Thailand for January when I should have been grading papers)...okay...back to those papers...

Love to all!

AAAAAHHHHH Socal! I want your life, lol! Ok, so my brain selectively omitted the needing to lose 10 pounds and grading finals ppr bits. Just wanted to capture and linger on the fun champagne-sipping, chocolate-eating, bag shopping fantasy:love:. Here I sat reading through your post and I could just dream! Thanks for sharing:heart:!!! Thankyou, thankyou! And congrats on ordering the rouille Cities and on your lime green Ramona. You are sick girl, sick! You absolutely need an intervention. What say some of us tPFers come over and relieve you of your bags while some others give you a good confrontational talking-to?:roflmfao:

Thanks again! It was fun to re-live the adventure for a few moments...

Chigirl, I teach developmental and educational psychology courses...I should be able to save myself from my obsessions...but they are so much fun...

Well, life is about balance! Love some of those Italian philosophies...life is too short to drink bad wine...good body, good mind, good soul equals good life...etc. I can't recall anything specific about handbags, but I am sure there must be some relationship to happiness???

Welcome back, and great trip report! Might you translate rouille for a simpleton? :lol: Is that in the red family?

I really thought you were going to tell us all about the fabulous bags you bought abroad - what self-restraint!!

Blu, Forgot to mention...I love, love, love chocolate Ramona! (But do occasionally think about listing the navy and the chocolate spy, so my bag "rotation" is likely to continue to some degree.) OMG, I forgot that I pre-ordered khaki Ramona for fall...well, I still have time to decide on her...she will be a "thought" in my Saks account for some time yet...

Roey, Thank you! Rouille is the red/orange or rust for S06... I don't have a very difficult time making choices when I am out and about...but when I am home...a totally different story! Perhaps I need to travel more, I might save money! Oh, but I might gain weight...hmmm... I suppose I need to find that balance again...

Navy Ramona??!?! Don't list that, or better yet, if you do list that, let me know! It's such a gorgeous color for that particular style. Scrumptuous! It's what made me fall in love with the Ramona!

Rouille is a terrific color! Congratulations! I would love to see pics of them when you get them in! Any other exciting purchases?? I'm so happy for you! Your trip sounds so great!