Weird convo with Fendi SA...

1. Now tell me what this means - Yesterday, I was at Saks in the Fendi boutique talking to the same SA that just sold me my Fendi bag right before Christmas (she remembered me).
    I had a silk Fendi scarf that i bought from Nordstrom a couple weeks ago tied around my bag and she asked me where I got it. When I told her Nordstrom, she had a really weird reaction. She all the sudden got snooty and said in this weird, crisp voice "May I look at it please?" I was looking at wallets underneath the cabinet so I just said sure and placed my bag on the counter for her to look at it. Then she says "I wasn't aware that Nordstrom sold Fendi." But the way she was saying it, it was like she was totally suggesting that I bought a fake Fendi scarf from Nordstrom.

Anyway, I replied that yes they sell Fendi scarves and sunglasses, but not bags. Then she just shook her head and said "I wasn't aware that they were a legitimate resailer for Fendi.

WTH?? I know that i didn't buy a fake from Nordstrom of all places, but isn't it weird that she was acting so unprofessional to a past customer. Especially because I was looking at another purchase - which I didn't make after all that.:tdown:

2. ew, yeah, I think that was pretty rude. sorry she was like that. she just should have said nice scarf and left it at that.

3. Ugh. She sounds rude. I wouldn't go back to her. I mean, WTF? When has Nordstrom ever sold fakes? They sell Chanel in some stores anyway, why not Fendi?

4. Sounds like she was upset because you didn't buy it there from her? I don't strange, huh? Some people are just rude!

5. I hate when SA's act like that - i work in a higher in dept store(though it shouldnt matter what store) to fund my college studies & I would never treat a customer like that - at the end of the day it is the SA job to make the customers shopping experience the best possible. It can give people like me a bad name!! hehe.
    I would go to another SA in the store to annoy her!!

6. Nordies just recently started carrying FENDI Bags and the like (YAY!!) :yahoo: BTw, that includes handbags in the Northwest.

So it may have been a shock to the Saks lady - its news to many SAs. Nordies started carrying a multitude of designer goods previously not stocked: Prada, McQueen, etc.:tup: I would assume they do this with Fendis approval.

7. OMG! Thats awesome baglady! Now at least I can try on fendi sunnies and see these items IRL - Other than that I usually have to order online, thanks for the info!

8. Cool! I hope my Nordstrom carries it soon! Mine has a "designer" dept, but they only have Burberry, Mulberry, Michael Kors, and Dolce & Gabbana :sad:

When I think of the amazing selection that the Nordstrom in Topanga, CA has (if you can think of it, they have it), I start to drool...

9. She was reacting because you did not make your purchase there. If she is rude to you on your next visit avod her. Some people take things way too seriously.

10. Nordstrom in Bellevue/Seattle carries Fendi!!

11. That was rude.

12. How rude!

13. I don't think it's unlikely at all for Nordies to be carrying Fendi- the one by me has bags by Chloe, Versace, Burberry, Michael Kors, YSL, and Balenciaga plus shoes by Blahnik, Choo, and Prada!

14. Well, in the end, she didn't get the commission, so who wins really?

15. How rude of your SA.