Weight Watchers Really Does Work!!

1. Hey all...

Just wanted to post a message here for anyone who has been thinking about losing weight but doesn't know where to start.

I was 140 pounds (at 5'3) and was feeling pretty crappy and wanting to lose weight for the summer. I've been pretty skeptical about diets, etc. because they've never really worked for me in the past....but a friend suggested that we try Weight Watchers together so I figured I'd give it a go. They now have an online program so you don't actually have to go to meetings or anything, you can do it all from home.

I've been on it for 7 weeks now and I'm down to 125 pounds!! I'm eating healthy and learning how to make good food choices and I've never felt better....

So to anyone who is looking for a program that really works....I definitely suggest trying it because it really works and it's super easy to follow!!
  2. Congrats, that's great. I'm happy for you. Thanks for the info. :smile: Are you on the counting program or the other one? I forgot the name of it.
  3. They have two different ones now.

The Flex Points program where you count points each day and the Core Plan where you don't count points but just eat anything from a bunch of different food groups making sure to control your portions.

I've been using the points system and it's worked really well for me.
  4. Congrats!!!
  5. Congrats! I had no doubt that Weight Watchers works. It's a very common sense way of eating and living.
  6. Just curious but did you lose any jean sizes?
  7. Congrats, that's awesome! :nuts:
  8. i have been on Weight Watchers for 8 weeks and have lost 28 pounds. It does work.
  9. I went from a 30 waist to a 27.5...I just had 3 pairs of jeans taken in yesterday.
  10. I think any time you follow a regimen it is great! Some people need a schedule and an outine to follow. But take the time to learn your body and then in the future you can venture away from such a committed system and learn to follow your own instincts.
  11. That's the thing about weight watchers that I like....you're eating all regular foods so it basically teaches you portion control and how to make healthy choices which are tools you can use to maintain your weight down the road.

It's not like other programs where you have to eat special foods, etc. and will be impossible to continue for life.
  12. Yup!! I'm also on wW plan and have lost 6kgs in a month or so. That's around 12-14 lbs for you guys. I'm soo happy and it's not difficult to follow at all. Keep up the good work!! You should get a ticker like mine, on my signature to keep track. Makes me happy to see it everytime!
  13. That's awesome congrats!!!
  14. Congrats! I'm looking to lose 15 pds!! Imma try it!