Wedgies - A must-have for summer?

1. Hi Ladies,
    I've noticed a lot of wedges instore and online this season. Are they really a must-have? I'm 5'10" so would prefer a pair with about 2-3" inch wedgie - any recommendations?
    Thanks, Cal
  2. Hahaha.. all I could think was, nooo, they're so painful (wedgies !).

And espadrilles are a must must have. They're so fab. The Louboutin ones are to die for, but since you're already fabulously tall, maybe something else.. I'm sure PF's fashion experts will come and comment ! ;)
  3. NO fad is ever a must have, especially if it doesn't work or feel right to you.
    However, I"m thrilled that wedgies and platforms are back bc I'm 5'1!
  4. What's the difference between a wedge and an espadrille?
  5. i have some shoe recommendations :shame:.....i couldn't find any cute wedges with a low heel, but since you're tall already i was thinking an espadrille with a little heel, or an espadrille-flat would be really cute on you.....i think the espadrille flats would suit taller people really well

kate spade espadrilles

stuart weitzman espadrille (2.5 inch heel)

maloles espadrille/flat

and my favorites......another pair of maloles espadrille flats

[edit] forgot to add that all images are courtesy of Saks
  6. ^^^ I love the Stuart Weitzman espadrilles.
  7. Wow - they're all so cute. I don't think I'd have the patience with tying those straps. Those Stuart W ones are really nice.
  8. I'm 5ft9 and wear the Louboutin espadrilles which are 3-4 inches tall, they look the good!

IMO, they're a must have because they're soooo comfy and a good compromise for summer between heels and open comfort :biggrin:
  9. Wow those are so lovely jc. :love: Now something to go on my shoe wishlist. :biggrin:
  10. i love the stuart weitzamans :p......and perja i'm dying for louboutin espadrilles :sad2:
  11. OK Perja, add these to the list of things you must show me when in Paris...............
  12. juicy has a lot of cute wedges for the summer! i have these 3 and i love them all :smile:.

i also got these from burberry but havent gotten a chance to wear them yet :sad::

13. I am loving those Weitzman's!

And Cal, come on over to my house and I'll let you walk in my collection so you can practice for what Perja's gonna tempt you with!!:lol:

Seriously, who care's how tall you are? I wear heels all the time and they aren't hard to walk in at all. Besides, you have such great long legs Cal, that I bet your DH wouldn't argue at all with purchases presented properly...! ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

Ask me to tell you the story about the red silk espadrilles and the Otazu necklace sometime...!:lol:
  14. I'd love to see your wedges! I'll bring my own socks.
  15. :lol: :lol: :lol: